Best way to build ryze??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xstrenght

01-20-2013

srry guys my english is very bad but im not sure if i build ryze correctly when i play whit??

anyone can help me by saying what i need to buy???

Praelox

01-20-2013

Ryze is a unique ap carry in the fact that all his spells scale off mana. You tend to build tanky with Ryze, and with a lot of mana. I reccomend quickly Tear of the Goddess (for becoming more powerful as you spam spells) buying Rod of Ages for the health, mana, and ap.

Dotislav Pro

01-20-2013

Tear / Catalyst / Glacial Shroud or Negatron Cloak / Rod of Ages / Frozen Heart or Banshes's Veil / Muramana or Seraph's Emberence / Mikael's Crucible or Void Staff or Guardian Angel or Iceborn Gauntlet or Trinity Force or Lich Bane. Good Luck.

Hairyhulk

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstrenght View Post
srry guys my english is very bad but im not sure if i build ryze correctly when i play whit??

anyone can help me by saying what i need to buy???
Start with Tear of the Goddess. Because Ryze's abilities scale off of his total mana, you don't have to build Ability Power items. Instead, you can build tanky items that have a lot of mana. Because of this unique mana scaling, you can get away with items like Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil. Most AP carries are very squishy because that have to build damage. Ryze's build is a little overpowered in the sense you will deal as much damage as other AP carries but be three or four times as tanky.

So after you have picked up your Tear, depending on your lane opponent and their team composition, you want to build Catalyst into Banshee's Veil, Glacial Shroud into Frozen Heart, Sorcerers Shoes, Rod of Ages, Will of the Ancients. Once your Tear has been maxed out you can upgrade it into a Seraph's embrace. Your final build should look like:

Sorc Shoes / Rod of Ages / Banshees Veil / Frozen Heart / Seraph's embrace / Will of the ancients

Dzanio

01-20-2013

Start w/ Catalyst, it gives more sustain than tear, and you'll farm tear up quickly enough that it won't set you back.

Then grab tear of the goddess and boots one.

upgrade catalyst to RoA.

Build Iceborn Gauntlet; non unique cdr, armor, 500 mana and some AP -- best item for you in the game right now.

Upgrade tear to archangels as soon as it hits max stacks, otherwise Frozen Heart is really good, or Banshees/Mikael's Crucible if you need MR.

Don't build WoTA; you don't benefit much from the AP, and you get spell vamp from your ult; use your ult instead.

I've seen some people build a second tear early, and upgrade it to Muramana; my experience is that stacking tears isn't effective this season, so I recommend against this unless your team desperately needs an auto attacker (you get about 240 extra damage per auto attack from the toggle). Don't build lich bane, you'll have at most ~300 AP on Ryze, and it only does 65% of that in damage at most once every 2 seconds (you're better off w/ muramana or red buff if you plan on auto attacking a lot). Similarly Tri Force is rather bad on him; gives a lot of stats which are unhelpful.

If you don't want/need Banshee's/Mikaels (it's a bad item if you don't need the MR), then I'd go Warmogs for tankiness, or void staff for the % MR pen (this is a really good item to have in your build).

PunjabiRefugee

01-20-2013

Mana