Best Support Champ For a Guy who HATES Playing Them?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pseudofate

10-20-2010

Need to learn a support champ to fill in my roster. But I really hate playing them. No patience. Who would be the most non-invasive, viable support champ?

For the record my roster (who I'm most comfortable with) is

Range: Ashe
Melee: Warwick
Tank: Rammus
Mage: Heim

Also feel free to point out if I have designated any of the above champs to the wrong category.

CoolerThanFuzz

10-20-2010

non-invasive means not invasive? So...defensive?

Vecuu

10-20-2010

Taric

You would miss the stun without him.

Righteousness

10-20-2010

Go sona, she brings alot to the team, extremely easy to pick up and play even on your first time, and there are only minimum differences between the worst sona and the best sona so if you dont usually play support you will be fine\

Stormsoul

10-20-2010

sona is an incredily effective and easy support to just pick up and play due to the simplicity of her gameplay. none of her spells need targeting except her ult (which is a laughably easy to land skillshot), so once you get some CDR you can basically just run around spamming qwe on her. she might get boring to you after a while though if you're not fond of the more simplistic characters, sona really lacks the depth that characters like morgana and janna have.

Lyov

10-20-2010

I hate when people this mentality of 'mains'...
OP do yourself and future teams a favor and learn to play all of the characters. Of course you can be better at some, but being able to play all characters is a huge skill that many LoL-ites know of and can potentially help your team win-- if you are stuck on the idea of having a 'main' as a champ, then your team could lose out on possibilities in-game.
For example say you have a Sion and they want another mage-stunner...
"sorry, i main heimer"

that shouldn't be the answer-- you should say "yes, i'll go annie!"
then win the game because 2 stuns is hardcore CC and GG.

Stormsoul

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyov View Post
I hate when people this mentality of 'mains'...
OP do yourself and future teams a favor and learn to play all of the characters. Of course you can be better at some, but being able to play all characters is a huge skill that many LoL-ites know of and can potentially help your team win-- if you are stuck on the idea of having a 'main' as a champ, then your team could lose out on possibilities in-game.
For example say you have a Sion and they want another mage-stunner...
"sorry, i main heimer"

that shouldn't be the answer-- you should say "yes, i'll go annie!"
then win the game because 2 stuns is hardcore CC and GG.
maining doesnt necessarily mean people are ONLY going to play those characters ; for instance, i'd say my 'mains' are garen/kassadin/pantheon/xin zhao, because i feel that out of all of the champions those 4 are my strongest picks. does this mean i'm unwilling to choose another champion outside of those, or suck with the others? not at all -- it simply means that those are who i feel i perform best with.

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Sona and Zilean are the only support characters I enjoy playing. I play Sona over Zil, cause I often get this strange feeling that I'm actually a burst caster when I play Zilean >.>

Pseudofate

10-20-2010

Yah I never meant to imply those are my mains. Those are just the champs im most comfortable with within their respective categories.

Grunghole

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I'd like to recommend Zilean. I have a buddy who plays a lot of Zilean, and he's both incredible support and a powerful deterrent. You have to play cautiously against a Zilean, otherwise when you retreat from the teamfight, the time bomb goes off and you're dead. His rezzing means the difference between victory and defeat, no lie. But he's not really that easy to play well.

If you want to play the easiest support champ, go Sona. Even awful Sona players contribute to the team, so it can't be that hard. You don't necessarily need patience when you're jamming on buttons constantly.