Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Add a Stun to Fiora's Riposte

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-25-2013

Quote:
BloodworksInc:
Not to mention when done correctly, Jaxs is pretty much damn near unavoidable. Jump in, pop counter, insta stun-lock.

jax himself is avoidable. fiora has more sticking power

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-25-2013

enemy carry attacks level 2 fiora... instagibbed

Henrysam

01-25-2013

Quote:
deadheld:
yes lets take literally the ideal champ for 1v1 and give her something that will make her 1v1 even better.
however i do agree that she is broken. but in this state she is great for cleanup fighting in Pub games

She is broken against other duelist tops , but really top is overwhelmed with tanky bruisers that totally dominate fiora. Such as Jax,Riven,Rumble,Darius, J4,Lee sin, and singed.

Sunja

01-26-2013

Then u realize if fiora built glass she dies. Apparently you haven't seen gunblade or triforce first had b4 or bt trinity jayce. They go glass have cc sustain and innate tankiness. Fiora has an absurd as boost but its short and she can be stunned during the duration. Irelia is tanky dps.

if a ranged adc built glass and is still easily to assassinate what do you think would happen to the melee. No melee carry can go glass like a ranges adc. Unless your someone like tryn who ignores dmg n thus does not need tank items as much. Look at sion 100% lifesteal target stun free Hp free ad. Not op.

If you see fiora activate her new w u simply disengage to avoid being stunned.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-26-2013

Quote:
Sunja:
Then u realize if fiora built glass she dies. Apparently you haven't seen gunblade or triforce first had b4 or bt trinity jayce. They go glass have cc sustain and innate tankiness. Fiora has an absurd as boost but its short and she can be stunned during the duration. Irelia is tanky dps.

if a ranged adc built glass and is still easily to assassinate what do you think would happen to the melee. No melee carry can go glass like a ranges adc. Unless your someone like tryn who ignores dmg n thus does not need tank items as much. Look at sion 100% lifesteal target stun free Hp free ad. Not op.

she would stun one opponent almost at random and would dominate way too hard in lane as nobody can afford to fight her back when she already has the earlygame damage to break you, now with a timeframe in which she can't be damaged without fear of being stunned and rolled.

Her early game would be way too strong
Her lategame would still be a struggle and she'd still have the exact same weaknesses. The only difference is that most anti carries would be complete **** against her outside of teamfights. Fiora out of position

Eve
talon
pantheon
wukong
darius
urgot
fizz
anybody else who spams autoattacks
any carry

can go eat **** lategame.

This buff doesnt fix the teamfight issue it just makes fiora into an annoying easy button. Such an easy stun on a carry is EXTREMELY powerful which is why ashe has no direct steroids and cait/vayne have heavy conditions on theirs.

A carry with a stun would be like darius with a real gapcloser or jax with a real weapon.

JUST NO

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-26-2013

Quote:
Sunja:

no, if you see fiora activate her W just flip the table if you don't have an escape skill cuz she's about to roll your **** before the W even wears off.

Myrmidont

01-26-2013

Fiora has no way to keep someone engaged so I think a slow with W would be fine.

She's **** at escape as it is, her R a slight disrupt, her E only works if she's got attacks going down.

Her W always needed something more in the umph department, either as a much better ability countering onhits as well, or via keeping a losing player in an even more unfavorable situation that they engaged on.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-26-2013

Quote:
Myrmidont:
Fiora has no way to keep someone engaged so I think a slow with W would be fine.

a slow might be ok... but a double gapcloser, another gapcloser, and a speed boost is kindof a good way to keep someone engaged

Sunja

01-26-2013

K here would be a proper rework for fiora.

q same
w upon activation fiora can counter an attack for its current duration. If fiora is attacked within 1 second of the activation the enemy will be stunned. Anytime afterword will slow both fx will last for 2 seconds.
w passive ad reduced by 5 per level.
e stays the same. On kill or assist the effect duration is reset(the cd is not refreshed the duration is forcibly reset to avoid the op that is Evelyn, kha zix, Darius, and Katrina)
ult stays the same.

The main change should be the w. Any1 can wait for 1 second q avoid the stun + this adds more skill and more of a parry mechanic to fioras kit. Basically a good fiora will be rewarded for anticipating an attack and parrying.

Instead of reseting her e can just remove slows on activations.

These changes are more so to make her a duelist like shes supposed to be. And no her stun won't be significantly relevant in team fights because the randomness of people attacking u will usually result in u not getting the person u want stunned stunned. She will definitely be more relevant in teamfights with a reset e but not broken as she cannot save her e for the correct time of use.(reset instantly active).

Use of the new w will allow her to disengage(they ark u they get stunned u run) or a dueling move for when both sides r aaing each other.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-26-2013

Quote:
Sunja:

The main change should be the w. Any1 can wait for 1 second q avoid the stun + this adds more skill and more of a parry mechanic to fioras kit. Basically a good fiora will be rewarded for anticipating an attack and parrying.

No, you CANNOT wait 1 second to avoid the stun. Do you understand how much damage fiora can do in a single second? Do you remember what her W does?

This doesnt add skill, you can play the same way youve always played fiora except now youll occasionally **** someone over. Oh wow you have fast enough reflexes to guess within 1 second when someone youre fighting will aa?

Fiora doesnt even have to use this to warp the game.

Ashe wants to kite? No the **** she doesnt, as soon as the aa animation starts fiora gets her stun ready

tryn wants to trade? **** timing, Ill just wait till he's fully engaged and press W in the middle of it while my E is still up. Even if he runs he may as will be stunned cuz my speed boost and/or fury boots will let me stick to him anyways.

Oh look its talon. I may be out of position but I can just press W and walk away, he can't do ****. Hope his ult is up cuz I may just go ahead and kill him since he can't do **** for a full second.

Think Ill Q onto jayce, OH SNAP I CAN'T WIN guess ill just Ult and press W if I havent won by then. I win now!

Lol look its eve, her squishy **** can just forget it, Ill be at full hp again by the time she can follow up.

xD lee sin.... no, dont even bother, with your lifesteal and spellvamp disabled fiora will melt you too with 3000+ damage in a single second BEFORE ulting.

Oh wow look vayne has 30/0/0 but you know what i just have to survive one shot wutwut oh wait no I don't cuz W *****es! better blow your ult vayne cuz you gon get melted before 1 sec is up without lifesteal!