Teleport + Mastery = Potential Cheap Tactic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

synack

11-30-2009

In a game last night, Cho'Gath backdoored a few turrets. Backdooring isn't abusive, but when 3 people roll up on him (stacked hitpoints) he would immediately start using his teleport skill once he saw us. We were dropping bombs on him damage wise, but because teleport can't be interrupted he escaped - 3 times with < 100 hp.

Anyone else think this is really cheap?

Discuss.

kijik

11-30-2009

er...stuns interrupt teleport.......

Darklord

Adjudicator

11-30-2009

Teleport used to be castable at any time, so people were using it anytime they got low in a fight. They fixed it so if there are enemies nearby, you cant port out. Just get closer before you let him see you I guess, I haven't seen anyone that is able to abuse it in the current iteration.

synack

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijik View Post
er...stuns interrupt teleport.......
Ah... No stunner when we were jumping him. Still BS.

Nunu, Teemo, Gangplank

synack

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
Teleport used to be castable at any time, so people were using it anytime they got low in a fight. They fixed it so if there are enemies nearby, you cant port out. Just get closer before you let him see you I guess, I haven't seen anyone that is able to abuse it in the current iteration.
He or someone else on his team was using Clairvoyance to see us coming.

The teleport range thing doens't work. I tried it in the same game, and it let me do it no matter what. I was getting banged on (hero right next to me) and it let me do it.

synack

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
I think as long as you start casting before someone hits you it lets it go. Just like can't cancel it yourself.

spawn10459

Banned

11-30-2009

Being hit wile useing the recall to town interupts the casting.

Psychlone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

He's not talking about recall, he's talking about teleport, and it works very well for those who use it.

spawn10459

Banned

11-30-2009

I was going to ask if you guys were talking about recall or teleport. damn me should have asked

Lerrem

11-30-2009

I agree that this should be interupted by damage. Twisted Fate's Gate ability as well. Its already a very good ability for moving around the map, it shouldnt be a save your life ability as well. Especially on a "egg" aniva or guardian angel revive, but I think I read something about them changing that.