Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why you should buy wards. Yes, even you.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l3atman

01-19-2013

You should buy wards, yes even you ap Yi mids who are "carrying" your team. Like how adc+sup has been part of the meta, even more so have been wards. If you believe that you do not need to buy wards (even you top/mid/adc) you are playing the wrong game. By design League of Legends forces vision to be part of your strategy. Look at any tournament team and their inventories will have green in them.

This is not Dota 2 where only a couple heroes need to buy wards because wards are expensive and "run out of stock". This is LoL and until someone like Morello decides to nerf wards, they will be essential. If you can buy wards at the shop and do not, you are effectively losing the game for your team. I promise you that Randuins or IE will get finished, but the map needs vision now. Buy wards people, or at least stick to normals.

Some common responses to me asking my team to buy wards:

"I am carrying" - wards help you not die, so you can "carry" harder. That minion wave you just destroyed should be more than enough to get at least 1 ward.

"You buy them" - I have been and we'd have a better chance of winning if you did too.

"That is supports job" - Supports can not and should not ward the whole map. Help them out so they can get those aura/defense items.

"No gold" - wards are only 75 gold. If you have 60 gold and are at the shop, wait the 15 secs to buy one. Even if you bought 10 wards over the course of the entire game that is only 750 gold. 10 wards is 30 minutes of vision somewhere!

"Inventory full" - Sell your Dorans blade/ring....please.

A common reason most teams completely fail other than getting trashed in lane (which more vision helps prevent) is lack of map coverage. Wards have only grown more cost effective over the last few major patches. At least ward the jungle entrances and map objectives in some way. If you don't you are screwing up, yes even you master farming carry. I don't care how "bad" your team is, you can help them be less bad by warding. Now when they overextend they will SEE the stampede of heroes coming to kill them. And maybe, just maybe, they will see how effective wards are and then buy wards in future games. A long shot I know, but it happened to me! .

Wards make the game easier for your team and more FUN. If you can see most of the map, you do not have to be afraid of going out and can push that much further without being contested. Wards give you control of the map, the flow of the game, and ability to team fight on your terms. Wards help cover mistakes as well and mistakes will happen. Just ward so you can be safe.

Even I forget to ward sometimes, but when I realize it I am quick to rectify that problem. Buy wards and good luck!

TLDR: Buy wards or you are a piece of ****.

Rhodinia

01-19-2013

OP is a phaggot

I Like Tanks

01-19-2013

I think that only the support should buy wards because the other roles use their gold for damaging things.

And if the entire map isn't warded, then you have a bad support.

Gazow

01-19-2013

im cool tho right?

KADAMA

01-19-2013

I can't tell you how many ranked games I've lost because nobody besides me will buy wards, and then they just hug middle tower.

Fukaro

01-19-2013

Quote:
I Like Tanks:
I think that only the support should buy wards because the other roles use their gold for damaging things.

And if the entire map isn't warded, then you have a bad support.

Because obviously the support has the income to buy all the wards. Im pretty sure if you want a better chance you will ward as a team. buying one ward isnt to hard.

Magicapples

01-19-2013

i did well in a ranked game today. my support never bought wards. we surrendered at 25 minutes due to ganks on bot lane.

if i had bought wards for bot, instead of my Guise, it would have been a different game. Yeah, i would have owned less face and had to be more careful, but we wouldn't have been behind 10 kills.

l3atman

01-19-2013

Quote:
Rhodinia:
OP is a phaggot

Thank you for your enlightening response. Keep on keepin on!

Cakecicle

01-19-2013

DAE ward?

mambawarrior0

01-19-2013

Quote:
l3atman:
yes even you ap Yi mids who are "carrying" your team

Stopped reading and upvoted.