Pax tf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illuminat

10-20-2010

Release the pax tf skin please.

Tyraethan

10-20-2010

It was a give away at PAX 2009. It is no longer available.

Illuminat

10-20-2010

Well if they release pax jax they should release pax tf

7he Juggernau7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

They shouldn't release either. They are limited edition skins that you earned by going to the PAX events. One of the main reasons I went to PAX was to get the skin.

Keogh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

T.T they should release it again for like 1 week only.

BraveryBeyond

10-21-2010

I'd like to see all the limited edition skins released for purchase. I see it like this: you went to the event, so you got the skin for FREE. If you didn't go, you need to pay money for it. They already do this for Riot Singed, why not the other skins?

I can understand that they want to give some insentive to come see them, but why is their business model one way for some skins and another way for others? If RIOT is out to make money, which we all know they are, then it would benefit them to release these skins for purchase. This includes: referal skins, event skins and discontinued skins (why would they even do this!?) so as to make some money off of them. Time invested in creating them is time wasted not making something else. Why not get whatever return on the time invested that you can, regardless of how poorly it does sell? It doesn't hurt anyone to just keep them up there and I'm certain there are more than a few players that collect skins for their favorite champions, no matter how poorly done, just to say they have them all. I'm sure there are players who would want every skin period, if they could.

Then you get situations where there are players, I'm sure, who'll never even consider using the skin because they don't use the champion it's for. A good example of this would be my friend and the King Rammus skin. He always says he'd pay good money (around 520 RP) to get a simple recolour. However, he can't. Then you have all the beta-testers, most who would probably be in high ELO games and using flavours of the month to ensure they're using the best of the best. So, my friend, who would use the skin about every 3-4 matches doesn't get the skin, where as someone who may only ever use Rammus once or twice does? Kinda lame...

I understand those skins are something of a badge of honour to most, especially the King Rammus skin for the beta testers, but how about giving them something a little more universal and useful? If you want to show they tested, why not change their in-game name colour or something, so it's visible when playing any champion? Could just be an idea. As for those who go to events, as I said before, they get the skins for free. Technically, they should be going to see panels, the cast and crew and other aspects of being at a convention, not a skin. That's a bonus! So why block off a possible business opportunity because a few people walked by your booth at something like PAX? I'm not sure what the numbers for Riot Singed and Sinful Succulence Morgana are, but I'm sure they're not low and/or more than who got them for free.