Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Attempting to reconnect" Can't play!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TATORIOS

Recruiter

01-19-2013

Hello, i've been playing League of Legens for almost 3 years already and in the last year i've been experiencing this:

In most of the games i get an "Attempting to reconnect..." message. While this message is still on, i can see everyhting correctly and working fine, but i don't have control of my champion at all, and whatever command i give it to do, it will do them right after the message goes off.

In relation to the problem, i've contacted my ISP and they said everything was working fine, i even changed my ISP to a new one, changed my router and changed my modem to new ones and still problem persists. I contacted my new ISP and they are saying everything is looking just fine, no packet loss, no nothing.

Please note: I have played this game correctly before, with this same ISP i have right now, with this router and this modem. The problem came after a patch and never left.

I'm connected directly to a router (via ethernet cable) wich gives wireless connection to another pc. Firmware is up to date.

Some context: I've been having this problem for a LOT of time and it comes and goes right after patches. I've made around 4 posts being this the 4th one in this forum with no response from any official source at all, even when more users replied that they were having the same problem. I've also sent 3 support tickets from the game client with no response again.

Please, help me get rid of this problem. I only care about League of Legends and it's the only game i can't play at the moment. If you ask me to upload anything (any log i.e) or run any test i'll do it gladly!

-english not my native language so sry for any mistake

I lift yo mama

01-19-2013

I am having the exact same problem. Since the Thresh patch, I've been disconnected randomly from games, either during gameplay or during the loading screen, and I can't reconnect. I restart my computer, restart the modem, check my firewall, check everything really. And I still can't get in and play a full game. I always get the "attempting to reconnect" message indefinitely even though my internet is working absolutely fine. I'd really like Riot to fix this >_<.

YijuWarp

01-19-2013

bump! same problem i can connect ONLY using reconnect after i quit the game and restart

YijuWarp

01-19-2013

but am always missing the first 2-5 minutes of the game and there is also no PAUSE feature...

YijuWarp

01-19-2013

bump bump bump bump

Kilvus

01-19-2013

I've had this problem since around Zed patch, and it is game breaking. You will chase enemy champs if you attack+clicked and die pointless deaths, and it ruins teamfights. Please, don't send a wrenchman to say it's wireless like in my old topic about this, please offer insight on multiple potential problems, and info on solutions to these said problems. I was able to play just fine before, so it's not my internet connection. I too have bought a new router, replaced my modem, but to no avail.

Narasakue

01-19-2013

I am experiencing this "Attempting to Reconnect" lag also. It freezes me for 2-10 seconds which is ****.

It appears my ISP is fine and as it lags I am able to keep a good voice connection on skype and load youtube at the same time, so I do know it's not on my end.

Geckos Gone Wild

01-19-2013

Same issue. Randomly says "Reconnecting" I can watch what's happening just not control my champion. Though it can be kinda amusing seeing your champion just run underneath a tower.

Geckos Gone Wild

01-19-2013

Yeah same things happening to me. Every couple minutes I'll lock up for about 10 seconds and my LoL will say "reconnecting". Only started happening after the Thresh patch.

TATORIOS

Recruiter

01-20-2013

I'm sorry for all of us guys, but i guess that AGAIN, for the 4th time, we are gonna to keep on trying by ourselves with no response...