[Suggestion]Noob free games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeAdLiNe

11-30-2009

Why don't you force people 1~10 lvl to play only practice games ,so that they have enough playtime to not suck that much in arranged games?So like you hit lvl 10 and now you're able to sign for solo or arranged queue,until then go play some games and learn the game mechanics.Not to mention that since not all champions are available ,like they were in beta,and there are people that doesn't know every champion's abilities.This will also solve some of the matchmaking issues.Since low lvls tend to get good stats ,which makes them have good Elo and puts them into high level queues ,which isn't very nice for them ,cus they don't really have the expirience or the skill.But after they have some good playtime ,and their Elo is untouched ,they won't mess with the matchmaking.

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

you do realize you get much less xp and ip in practice games right???

DeAdLiNe

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizel View Post
you do realize you get much less xp and ip in practice games right???
Riot said that they are going to remove the IP/Exp penalty at some point.And you do realize that this is even better ,cus then new players will have to play even more.And will get much better.

Ad Victoriam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Summoner level doesn't automatically relate to skill, but it would be nice to get some summoner-level matchmaking options or something like that... Maybe once the actual season gets underway we'll see a better balance in matchmaking.

Also, I played DotA prior to this game, so I was never a complete noob, so I don't think forcing them into practice games is the best option.

I'd say, at least make every new player play the tutorial before they can do anything else, and maybe give them a video overview of some of the common champions so that they can see strategies right away?

DeAdLiNe

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Victoriam View Post
Summoner level doesn't automatically relate to skill, but it would be nice to get some summoner-level matchmaking options or something like that... Maybe once the actual season gets underway we'll see a better balance in matchmaking.

Also, I played DotA prior to this game, so I was never a complete noob, so I don't think forcing them into practice games is the best option.

I'd say, at least make every new player play the tutorial before they can do anything else, and maybe give them a video overview of some of the common champions so that they can see strategies right away?
Well it doesn't relate that much ,but for some1 to reach lvl 10 ,he has to get pretty much around 20~30 games behind him.Which will at least make him more aware WTF is going on, on the map.

Ixalmaris

11-30-2009

Suggestion: Remove the new player signup so that only beta players can play. That way no one can ruin your game by not knowing every ability of every hero or by calculating his victory chance in a straight up fight against the dragon within seconds.

This game is now open for everyone. Deal with it. If you are so bothered by having your win/loss ruined by a new player playing a game just join premade teams.

Sintobus

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdLiNe View Post
Why don't you force people 1~10 lvl to play only practice games ,so that they have enough playtime to not suck that much in arranged games?So like you hit lvl 10 and now you're able to sign for solo or arranged queue,until then go play some games and learn the game mechanics.Not to mention that since not all champions are available ,like they were in beta,and there are people that doesn't know every champion's abilities.This will also solve some of the matchmaking issues.Since low lvls tend to get good stats ,which makes them have good Elo and puts them into high level queues ,which isn't very nice for them ,cus they don't really have the expirience or the skill.But after they have some good playtime ,and their Elo is untouched ,they won't mess with the matchmaking.
Why don't you make a reasonable suggestion? ELO needs to be re-calculated completely the ranges need to be made more clear. That along with level impacting your ELO more would be resonable and understandable suggestions rather than a post about level 1-10's stuck in practice games. What about DoTA/HoN players? Its bad at the moment you can hit level 20 in about 50 games then 25 from another hundred or so.

DeAdLiNe

11-30-2009

Lol it's not like you won't be able to play the game geez.You will be just forced to play in practice so u dont mess with the matchmaking.Plus i don't see Riot recalculating the Elo anytime soon.Such suggestions were given way before me or you.

Beachdude67

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdLiNe View Post
That really doesn't work out. I've noticed that you don't get any xp in practice games after level 8 or so. Also, how do you differentiate between a noob and a good player?

Cully

11-30-2009

Would be a great idea if the ai wasnt so easy. I played an AI game and could kill them by charging blindly at them and spamming abilities. Learning to play that way is not going to help newbies when the join online games at all.