New to the Mac Test Realm

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnderPaidOrphan

10-20-2010

Hello all!

I'm new to this, but greatly looking forward to helping out. I am currently downloading the Beta Client to my Macbook Pro, but I'm curious as to if I need an "invite" I keep reading about. Really looking forward to get rid of windows, as I have the WHOLE operating system just for LoL.

Thanks for all the support!

-Matt

The Silverhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I just recently got the client as well and as far as I know you dont need an invite.
If there are invites then I for sure do not have one and am still able to play just fine.
Be prepared though, the mac client loads much slower...

Other than that, hope to see you in some games

Elementel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

cool man just make sure u report the bugs =D was supprised to see you made a post

UnderPaidOrphan

10-21-2010

Yes, everything works just fine, albeit a few bugs here and there. I will be sure to post my findings.

Thanks!

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

10-21-2010

You don't need an invite anymore if you were smart enough to read the hints to open the semi-closed beta. Consider it a "gift" from Riot at the moment...one that comes with some responsibility to be a productive tester. Welcome.

tys

10-21-2010

welcome! hopefully it runs as smoothly as it does on my macbook pro

GoldenPlum

10-21-2010

Where do you download it? can't seem to find it.

UnderPaidOrphan

10-22-2010

Quote:
welcome! hopefully it runs as smoothly as it does on my macbook pro
Yes, tys , it runs pretty nicely. the same bugs, i.e. invisible character models, is persistent but not unplayable.

Quote:
Where do you download it? can't seem to find it.
Tarant, it seems that the link was taken off the site momentarily. I'm hoping that maybe it will be up later today or this weekend for you man. I just downloaded it two days ago, so who knows. Best of luck

Kain Mikado

10-24-2010

Wow, I need to check the forums more often. I have a Windows partition on my macbook pro specifically for LoL and have been waiting for this since the news was posted; I missed this forum area. I see that the link has been removed, which is fine, but in order to get in to test when it comes back will I need to post my system specs and all that? I would love to contribute wherever possible to testing this.

UnderPaidOrphan

10-24-2010

Quote:
..., but in order to get in to test when it comes back will I need to post my system specs and all that?...
No, I don't believe so. I simply downloaded it from the link, and then it's up to you to keep LoL Forums posted with bugs and such. Be warned, it is a beta. You will lose a healthy frames per second drop (mine went from 60+ to around 20+), but it will still run okay. So don't delete your partition yet. Just test it out, post your findings and wait for official version to be released to delete windows.

Happy gaming!