Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Website] "Forgot Username" returns Summoner Name

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yasako

01-18-2013

I guarantee you this problem can be reproduced just by clicking the Login button and entering your e-mail in the "Forgot Username" field. Check your e-mail and it will return your Summoner Name instead of your Username.

EDIT: Also, the reason exact reproduction steps are not required is because the query for your username is server-side and thus has nothing to do with what I'm running.

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

01-18-2013

Are you sure that your username and summoner name aren't the same?

Reset Button

01-19-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Are you sure that your username and summoner name aren't the same?

Can they be the same? Some games force you to have different ones... Although I can't remember if League does...

superbob52

01-19-2013

Quote:
Reset Button:
Can they be the same? Some games force you to have different ones... Although I can't remember if League does...

Mine are the same.

Yasako

01-19-2013

Mine are not the same. When inputting the name I received into the "Forgot Password" box (because I had suspicions that I did not remember the password correctly), it returned that the account did not exist. Moreover, the name returned had spaces in it, which account names are not allowed to have.

DUDE BRO

01-19-2013

Just tested and it properly returned all usernames linked to my email.

Yasako

01-20-2013

This issue has still not been resolved.
If further clarification is needed, my summoner name is Mack the Knife. This is what was returned instead of my username.

KlutchKingBLEACH

04-06-2013

good luck to every one