Janna vs Morgana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0fessional View Post
EotS blocks all dmg, blackshield only blocks magical, EotS gives a large damage boost for early game.

But regardless they're completely different types of hero anyways.
So it got changed then?

Black Shield used to block all damage, and honestly still seems to black all incoming damage, rather then just Magical, maybe I just need to pay more attention when facing a Morgana then, as thats a pretty significant difference.

And really, they are not as different as you think, they both serve the same general function as Support, their means of attack may be a bit different, but thats not exactly why I'm playing them, and I don't see the point in having a "harrasment based teambased support" and a "tank based teambased support" that are pretty much the same thing besides that minor detail.

Guthrek

11-30-2009

no, her tornado at level one is amazing. I can't count how many teammates lives I've saved with it and how many runners I've stopped with it. an AOE stun is never something to scoff at, even if it's line based and only a second or two. you just almost never let it charge or use it for damage.

And I agree on the ult thing. it's also great to use as an anti-initiator. if you stay back a bit so you aren't in the malph stun or the amumu ult, you can just go in and damned near start over. The best part is knocking people over terrain so they have even farther to go.
I just played Janna for the first time in ages and had SO MUCH FUN.

Guthrek

11-30-2009

No, they just feel totally different to me. Maybe I'm playing morgana wrong or maybe you're playing janna wrong. janna's more about saving people and morgana's more about killing people.

Also, dark shield no longer removes debuffs, it just stops them from being applied after it's on. which is a VERY significant change, but it's still a really good ability.

Edit: by that same argument you could say you don't see the difference between malphite and amumu. both aoe-disable tanks, yeah, but you enjoy one over the other because they just play differently.

Pr0fessional

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Default View Post
So it got changed then?

Black Shield used to block all damage, and honestly still seems to black all incoming damage, rather then just Magical, maybe I just need to pay more attention when facing a Morgana then, as thats a pretty significant difference.

And really, they are not as different as you think, they both serve the same general function as Support, their means of attack may be a bit different, but thats not exactly why I'm playing them, and I don't see the point in having a "harrasment based teambased support" and a "tank based teambased support" that are pretty much the same thing besides that minor detail.
AFAIK it's always been magic damage only blocking, only thing they've changed about it was the purge effect.

But really both of them are awesome just in different circumstances, like if you're tower diving someone i much prefer janna's shield, but if you're trying to survive morg's is better.