Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh, the Chain Warden Revealed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SDNinido

01-19-2013

Why are there so many dislikes, on f-ing everything?

heywes

01-19-2013

Shouldn't it be "hung him from his own chanins" rather then "hanged him from his own chains".

I get what it means, "hanged" as in the execution, but it sounds odd. "
"In the olden days, people were hung as a form of execution" sounds better to me then
"In the olden days, people were hanged as a form of execution".

Or am I missing why its "hanged" rather then "hung" ?

Shadedluck

01-19-2013

Quote:
heywes:
Shouldn't it be "hung him from his own chanins" rather then "hanged him from his own chains".

I get what it means, "hanged" as in the execution, but it sounds odd. "
"In the olden days, people were hung as a form of execution" sounds better to me then
"In the olden days, people were hanged as a form of execution".

Or am I missing why its "hanged" rather then "hung" ?

A person is hanged, a picture is hung. That's how the definition goes, stupid english language.

jinxnz

01-19-2013

how is riot going to nerf this one into hell after it reaches perma-ban especially with the Nami flop? Only time will tell... insta-buy for me also in the meanwhile

Dackstrus

01-19-2013

I only wish his voice lines were a bit more gleeful.

I mean... he even has the line "Mad? Quite likely." Give him a cackle, and more life and passion to his lines.

A U L

Recruiter

01-19-2013

what's hecarim doing off his horse?

Esoptros

01-19-2013

For some reason this looks and feels like a Melee-ish or atleast AD version of Karthus. lol

Kazielle

01-19-2013

His abilities sound AWESOME. As someone who mains support, I am super excited to play him. He sounds like a lot of fun, and as an aggressive support, might be able to drag me away from Zyra for a while.

That said, while I get that he is from the same place as Hecarim... did he need to look SO much like Hec? Down to the exact color scheme and relatively mirrored pose, even? Both his default splash art and his skin seem uninspired, which is a shame. I adore most splash art Riot puts out and get really excited whenever a new champ/skin/champ makeover is released, just because I like to admire the art, so this was a disappointment. But whatever, still gonna play him!

hieuisdead

01-19-2013

cool, wish he was melee, how could he not with the scythe? ult looks kinda lame, come out with a cute melee teemo looking champ and you'll have me sold. :'D + more skins for champs who only have like 2 keep coming out with skins with champs that have like 3-4+ :/ oh well. guessing in the next couple patches this one or the next should be released after champ spotlight for those wondering.
really whats the point in that though you'll have people leaving game after game insta locking this champ for a good 24 hours at the very least. :3 have a nice day.

Oyxl

01-19-2013

Quote:
SDNinido:
Why are there so many dislikes, on f-ing everything?

Indeed, it's as if they took a day off from the Tribunal and came here to press red buttons instead. On a more serious note, there's a lot of - in this thread for no apparent reason. Some are even ridiculous.

A reference to Blitzcrank is obviously correct and it is actually refreshing to see a champion brought in that will break the cycle of current ban-choices, since Blitz will no longer be the only one with that kind of dangerous toolset.

I could imagine him being a more tanky support. Q -> R - Run past champion -> E.