Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Friklot

01-26-2013

I wabt to be a player with riot on name

pikachulord

01-26-2013

No rating, get matched with people at gold with hundreds of wins over me while I get trolls. Working as intended , I quit.

naotasan

01-26-2013

Quote:
RiotKiddington:
Those are covered by the one's Elo score. Since people of same skill level with runes and masteries will have higher chance of winning compare to people without it, runes are masteries are already "priced in" the one's Elo.

So using all 30 mastery points and buying runes increase elo? wtf?

SoloDragoon

01-26-2013

The pool to find a game just takes awy to long now. went from under 20 seconds to like 1:30 average now.

Praven1

01-26-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
In the latest game update, we rolled out a second beta test of a new matchmaking change that is live in all territories. This change will increase your average queue time by about 30 seconds, but we hope the benefits are worthwhile.

--

The matchmaker will now take into account the Number of Wins a player has in every matchmade queue (Normal SR, Normal TT, Ranked Solo/Duo, etc).

This means that for the first few minutes, the matchmaker will attempt to find teammates and opponents that have a relatively similar Number of Wins as you in addition to trying to find teammates and opponents that also have a similar skill rating. However, this does not mean it's impossible to get matched into a game with a large difference in Number of Wins--it's just more rare.

We need your help! Please give us feedback on the changes.

PS - RiotKiddington was the dev that did most of the work.

Shouldn't losses also be taken into account? If I have 30 wins but 700 losses, is it really a fair game when i get matched with somebody who has 30 wins but only 1 loss? The answer is 90% of the time no.

MasterTopher

01-26-2013

I have played 7 games today and 6 of them have had AFKs and 5 of these games involved AFkers who were people on my team. These AFKs leave frustrated because they suck or people who do not load at all. Most of them are people who just leave mid game because they are frustrated. What a waste of a free ip weekend, when I can't get a fair game to save my life. These leave with in the first 10 minutes of the game and leave the rest of us screwed to stay in for 10 minute while we get stomped in the ground. I've faced games a a lot of 4v5 games in the past, but for all except one to like this is a new record. Please someone tell me riot is working on a way to fix the first 10 minutes AFK. Maybe just have an option to end the game, when someone leaves without it affecting my match history or wasting my time.

crono411

01-26-2013

Man I gotta say I don't like this new system at all. I do get matched up with people with similar wins but the skill level between players is insane sometimes. Not really a step in the right direction IMO

Ryios

01-26-2013

Wait, so if I get rid of my armor/mr runes which are absolutely necessary, leave them empty, and drop to like 15 mastery points, I get different mactchmaking?

DetectiveLobster

Master Recruiter

01-26-2013

Huehuehuehuehuehue

iatre

01-26-2013

Quote:
naotasan:
So using all 30 mastery points and buying runes increase elo? wtf?

Wow, you seriously can't make that baby step in logic?

If you use all 30 mastery points and have runes, your champions are stronger. If your champions are stronger, you have a better shot at winning. If you win more often, you have a higher elo.

QED