Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dex7ter

01-26-2013

( game 1 )
well i dont think its normal to get 2x 1300 players and duo in enemy team not fair game dont have a small chance with babysit mid.
Can u Lyte tell me what happend in this game and why i get so bad players, when enemy team is so much better and got duo ???

( game 2 )
next game with smurf and unskiled duo on my bot lane i hate get duo bot 80% of them feed so much that u cant carry game.....

( game 3 )
well 3rd game and again lost, i cant carry all lanes sorry i cant..
i think i will have people who have the same amount of wins just like me but its the new changes ......., now its even worst

3 game lost in a row thx to bad mm when its not fair to give some low peowple in 1 team and bust other, this will snowball game prety hard when u have -400 rating on bot lane

( game 4 )

crush game with afk jungler, cant do much playing 2vs1 on mid lane, today mm its just so harsh to me

but now they remove elo rating and we cant complain........,

Miney

Recruiter

01-26-2013

i have been getting so many afker,leavers,trolls,really bad people
i had a lvl 29 with 24 and he was on the other team and i have 173 wins and lvl 30 like how just change it back to the old way

Miney

Recruiter

01-26-2013

i went from reporting 1 person every 3-5 game to reporting 1-2 people every game for unskilled afk or just being mean and trolly

Alterv

01-26-2013

Had the most annoying experiences last night. Almost didn't play at all. Here is how it went
My friend and i queue in normal
Round 1. Approx 1:56 sec wait and at accept and decline 1 person didn't accept ok, re-queued
Round 2. 50 sec wait and at accept and decline 1 person didn't accept ok, re queued,
Round 3. Dont recall exactly but at accept and decline i had alt-tabbed and for some reason didn't get the accept decline queue notification, kicked us out of queue. Ok.... re-queue
Round 4. Wait around 1+ min, get in to champ selection. One person dodges....... re-queue
Round 5. Finally get to champ select and game finally start.

Not sure about my friend but i was irritated and annoyed. Before the rework of matchmaking i had one time where people didn't accept 4 times, but i didn't have to wait a min afterwards. And things like these may lead to toxicity in game. I don't care if the people im playing against are tougher or easier, as long as i play the game >.>

Great Sephiroth

01-26-2013

just played a game . was going well for almost everyone and suddenly our fed talon leavfe we lose bcause of that since the new matchmaking all games less fun than usual. Too long too start more trolls and leavers. i hate this new system. Just switch it back like before

HumbleYourself

01-26-2013

just like to lodge my protest at the matchmaking now.. almost every game has some really horrible quitters, feeders, or people who wont work as a team.

I am not happy

Jehuty

01-26-2013

Im really getting tired of these long queues. Ive been waiting 7 min now, and thats because i cancelled a queue that lasted 15 min since i got tired of waiting... its been like this everyday, i'm really getting tired of this. There wasn't anything wrong with it before... now i cant even play the game.

Ryios

01-26-2013

I loose all my games, I think I've won 2 games in a week..... I really dislike this matchmaking change. Why does the other team always get coordinated organized people and my team is off solo farming their top tower as ashe.... and stealing their warded blue as lux, etc. My team never comes together to do anything, yet there team does. It seems extremely one sided to me.

What I wish is that matchmaking were configurable on our end. E.g. Allow us to select whether we want to que with all solo quer's, duo's, trio's, or 4 man premades. And allow us to specify our desired lane and our desired champion. We might not actually get them, just something to find teammates based on which preference being not people with Desired Champion selected. This might help weed out some mirror matchups in blind pick and have less lane fighting in champion selection. If this creates longer ques, that's fine, because it would be an option we could choose not to use.

Also I think the age of an account should be factored in, and all 5v5 statistics should be factored into normal blind pick 5v5... e.g.

Say I have 300 wins. A guy on the other team has 300 Wins both in normal blind pick. I think the imbalance I am seeing is becasue, in terms of normal blind pick, we have similar elo and wins. However, I have like 4 games played rank, the other guy has 1500 games played rank, I've won 2 ranked or 1, and the other guy has won 600+ ranked or something absurd like that. Who do you think the better player with the most experience is going to be?

KhelekDraug

01-26-2013

the new matchmaking is ... TRASH!
plz explain me why i have to play against 2 1300 rating players, ok i can accept that im 1300 but.... MY TEAMMATES WERE 29 AND 25 ARE U KIDDING ME!?!? its just impossible to play a good normal game now
i have almost 1500 wins and every game the other team have 1000 to 1500 wins, and my teammates are 100 wins... if they are 30 of course ¬¬ ...
plz this is just so so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO broken

Great Sephiroth

01-26-2013

Now im mad i just had a game and the matchmaking match me with a LVL 12 player wtf is this s*** this matchming is soooo broken bring us the old matchmaking this one is bad we were all lvl 30 except this one who was lvl 12