Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tresdezara

02-20-2013

My friends and i play normal for fun and only one of us has over 200 wins. The problem is we keep getting matched against teams with over 500 wins on each person. every match like that we get stomped and the game stops being fun. ive put money into this game because it was fun but recently its just become stressful. we rarely even stand a chance now. I just wish it was back to the way it used to be.

Camen Sieder

02-20-2013

just played with a plat with over 300 games on TT and I have around 30... We ended up steam rolling forcing an instant surrender...

Mulianthan

02-25-2013

I just had a Dominion game where my team averaged around level 15 while the opposing team averaged only level 10. Worse yet, most of them hadn't even had one win yet where as we averaged 20 wins, so the team comps didn't make sense at all. Even if the teams were just randomly rearranged, it could have been more even.

GraveDigger00

03-03-2013

It's just as bad as it ever was. It's always been broken. How do you explain one team getting a gold and the rest silvers, and the other team getting all bronze and one or two silver, and a couple of non ranked players, of which they have played the game about 10 times the last month, and don't win that often. How is that fair at all? It's always favored to one side or another 80% of the time. I have over 1,000 wins, and I always get a couple of non ranked players that have about 100 wins under their belt on my team. How is that fixed? You should have enough money now to find better programmers and make a better system....

Seiyinho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2013

i have 1326 wins , and i play always with ppl with 200~300 wins in my last game i play with one dude with 79 wins WTF seriously i lose and lose and lose and lose and lose every game my team feed or troll, i dont want to play ranked because of this but i hate normals now but.. i love league -_-

Yeeeeee Muffins

04-23-2013

Please remove the # of wins as a variable.

It's not balanced at all, it should be purely based on match making rating or elo or whatever kind of system you guys use these days.

I have a friend who has about 2800 wins, does that mean he's a god-tier diamond player? No! He's silver, just like me. However I'm only at around 750 ish wins, and as a result we are meeting OTHER people who are in the 1.5k - 2k win range who ARE in fact gold and platinum.

This message probably won't even be able to be read and will go under the radar, but I hope RIOTER reads this, because you cannot simply assume that a higher number of wins will make you better.

Yes to a degree one will be better because they have more experience, but each individual has their own skill cap. Maybe someone is the best they can possibly be at around 500 wins but he/she wants to keep on playing just because they enjoy the game. But because of this new variable, now they'll meet other people who are in fact much stronger than them maybe because their skill cap is higher!

I want to play with my 2.8k win friend, we're basically the same skill level even though we're 2k wins apart. But it's not fair. We keep losing because we're playing better skills individuals who have 1.5k wins and such. I don't want to lose a friendship over a game because he has higher wins, this system doesn't work.

Please Riot, revert it back! Make it MMR ONLY! Please!

Oldyoung

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeeeeee Muffins View Post
Please remove the # of wins as a variable.

It's not balanced at all, it should be purely based on match making rating or elo or whatever kind of system you guys use these days.

I have a friend who has about 2800 wins, does that mean he's a god-tier diamond player? No! He's silver, just like me. However I'm only at around 750 ish wins, and as a result we are meeting OTHER people who are in the 1.5k - 2k win range who ARE in fact gold and platinum.

This message probably won't even be able to be read and will go under the radar, but I hope RIOTER reads this, because you cannot simply assume that a higher number of wins will make you better.

Yes to a degree one will be better because they have more experience, but each individual has their own skill cap. Maybe someone is the best they can possibly be at around 500 wins but he/she wants to keep on playing just because they enjoy the game. But because of this new variable, now they'll meet other people who are in fact much stronger than them maybe because their skill cap is higher!

I want to play with my 2.8k win friend, we're basically the same skill level even though we're 2k wins apart. But it's not fair. We keep losing because we're playing better skills individuals who have 1.5k wins and such. I don't want to lose a friendship over a game because he has higher wins, this system doesn't work.

Please Riot, revert it back! Make it MMR ONLY! Please!
the theory is if your at the same mmr the person with more wins is far more likely to be close to their true elo so if your better you can carry them wheras someone with around 30 wins is nowhere near their true elo and will either drag down your team or unlikely but possible carry hard and also more experienced players will be mechanically better even if it's only a little.

though right now it's super liberal about it so it really does nothing

Barnavise

05-09-2013

Not intending to bump this, but I do find it hilarious that consistently bad players will now be more consistently matched with consistently bad players than before. G'luck!

demonstress

05-14-2014

Since the new matching system I think I have won 2 games and played in twenty or so. I used to be slowly climbing up tiers, 3 wins 1 loss ish, now ive rapidly declined. all of my matches are grossly mismatched, even when I win its not fun to play anymore. I will be uninstalling if things are not improved soon. ive put money into buying skins and building my account and now all that money has been extremely wasted. I used to enjoy league now its lame.

Spreek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstress View Post
Since the new matching system I think I have won 2 games and played in twenty or so. I used to be slowly climbing up tiers, 3 wins 1 loss ish, now ive rapidly declined. all of my matches are grossly mismatched, even when I win its not fun to play anymore. I will be uninstalling if things are not improved soon. ive put money into buying skins and building my account and now all that money has been extremely wasted. I used to enjoy league now its lame.
You realize this change was made over a year ago right? If you've really only played 20 games in a year, perhaps that's why you're not doing so well.