Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gizmo Era

01-27-2013

I'm over this match making I either get matched with teams I stomp or I land in games where I'm easily the worst player and I can't do a single thing. I've lost 8 out of my last 9 games because i'm not being matched properly.

It's this cycle of winning 10-ish then losing 10-ish. It's like I'm bouncing between some invisible rank threshold and it f***ing sucks. I've played minimum of 50 games since this new matchmaking has come out and I've only played 2 matches I felt were evenly matched. This used to happen more frequently. This threshold is usually when I'm up 40 wins to my losses; once I reach that number I start losing until i hit 25~30 wins over losses. Then I start winning until I'm back up to 40 over.

I'm either getting reported as a troll/feeder or I'm being honored for teamwork, obviously based on which streak I'm on

Easily the worst feeling in this game is when you're trying your hardest and your entire team is yelling at you, calling you a baddie and telling the enemy team to report you. You then either ignore them and they threaten to report that or you spend time defending yourself to which you usually play worse because you're typing and playing constantly. I like this game, but I hate this feeling so much more, I'm teeter-tottering on quitting...

PS I don't even play ranked

PPS: I don't care if the numbers statistically say matches are matched better. I'm not being matched properly, I imagine there must be others.

PPPS: I'm going to copy and paste this every page until it's answered or this thread is destroyed. I'm really aggravated.

goinghunting

01-27-2013

The regular ques are aweful in my opinion. It has changed my gaming experience none at all but is causing overly long que times. Just my opinion.

TyphoidLarry

01-27-2013

This system sounds good on paper but i'm just not seeing positive results. Before the patch I won at least 70% of my games but now my win ratio is about 20%. It is stressful to see such a change. It doesn't matter if I win my lane if the other lanes loose and start to feed. My team normally gets crushed, like not even close. It has become such an issue that myself and my IRL friends only play when we can get a 3 of 5 team together. number of wins shouldn't matter, it should be the teams average win/loss ratio. A bad player who has been playing for years could have a large pool of wins by now. That doesn't automatically make them a good player. People should be paired with others that are closer to their skill level (win/loss ratio) that way they can learn and become better, theoretically.

FreshKiDD

01-27-2013

in rank, win 6 lose 13 i mean, dafuq riot?

Oystersauce

01-27-2013

I would like to completely destroy theenemy team once in a while. Its what. Takes this game fun for me. Matchmaking was fine the way it was.

Ryios

01-27-2013

Matchmaking is **** right now, I can't wait till patterns and cube world come out so I have something else to use to kill my time.

ExtremeKillez

01-27-2013

@Lyte
@RiotKiddington

Can you please check my match history please? Last season I was around 800+ elo, but early S3 i worked hard and managed to get to 1300+ elo. NOW after the new ranked que changes, I kept on getting negative attitude player, AFK, feeder (purposely going 1v5 ) and so on more OFTEN than before this.

I know that I did bad some game , that's normal, some people have bad games as well, but WHy is it so OFTEN? MY hard work to raise my elo, now became POINTLESS!! I lose my game, and NOT EVEN CLOSE GAME/ QUALITY GAME, and now my elo dropped drastically. Was it my fault ? Or somethng wrong with the system? I dont mind losing as long as I had quality game, but this?? Not even balanced from my point of view.

edit: for the last 10 games, 3 win and 7 loses. 1 game i did really bad, but the other 6 games either with AFK/DC, Intentionally feeding (keep on running towards enemy and LAUGH afterwards), etc. I did really good early game and won my lane with score like 3/0/0 or 2/1/0, but the rest of my team was like 0/6/0, 0/8/0, to the point that I cant even do any threat to them, and at the end they just dive the turret like nothing there. What happened to ranked game these day?

Doowen

01-27-2013

I love the matchmaking that puts me into a 4 man premade and get harrassed the entire game by people that have 80-300 wins some not even lvl 30 . I rarely get into games with other people that have at least 2k wins and only then are the games good. Its not very fun getting matched to people that have almost 1900 less wins than you.

TWenGwenG

01-27-2013

Base on # of wins?! LMFAO

Now almost everygame I'm with a team at an average of 100 wins going against a team that has 4 players over 700 wins.

WORST UPDATE EVER!!

Paralogy

01-27-2013

Just played a game where my teammates were <1600 elo, vs Meteos, iDream, NydusHerMain, Ptoowey. Oh and it wasn't based on # of wins, because theirs towered ours, as well as elo wise. Why did you guys have to change a system that wasn't broken?