Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you agree or disagree with me on this?

Agree 3 33.33%
Disagree 6 66.67%
Voters 9 .

Picking Roles/Lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JuNgLeCraZie

01-18-2013

How would everyone feel if Riot would make you chose your lane and/or role before you entered into champion selection? Would that eliminate some of the arguing for who called what first and eliminate some of the bad play if a player does not play a certain role/lane.
Let me know your thoughts??

Fate000

01-18-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2744432

A touch of Search Fu might help...
Anyways, this has been proposed a million times already. Refer to that thread for more info.

The idea has its ups and down though...

Mothalius

01-18-2013

On one hand I think it would eliminate a lot of the trolling (eg. MID OR FEED) involved with ranked. It worked in WoW and it would work here. You'd queue up and select a role, and when matchmaking finds 5 different roles on each team then you start.

On the other hand, I think the downsides would be an increased wait time for games, and an increased deviation between popular roles such as mid/adc and less popular roles such as jungle/support. If you queue'd for a popular role, your wait time would be longer than if you queue'd for the least popular (probably support) in which it would probably be instant.

Idk, it has it's ups and downs but what doesn't. I wouldn't mind if Riot at least tried this idea out, if only for a little bit. Or maybe a beta version.

WaltLongmire

01-18-2013

Trolls are gonna troll, that's what they do. Under that system, what stops someone from taking a role and not taking a champion that typically fills that role?

Mothalius

01-18-2013

Quote:
WaltLongmire:
Trolls are gonna troll, that's what they do. Under that system, what stops someone from taking a role and not taking a champion that typically fills that role?

What stops someone from doing that under the current system?

adc

01-18-2013

Quote:
Mothalius:
What stops someone from doing that under the current system?

Nothing, but we don't have significantly longer queue times in this one because we don't have nobody queuing up as support.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-18-2013

Congratulations. This thread has just earned an OFFICIAL POGO STAMP (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2744432)!