Game Crashes due to Graphics Card Problem?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShiroSeraph

10-21-2010

I did the first suggestion was to wipe all drivers completely and reinstall them. It didn't work. I also haven't played with Warwick nor has he been in any of the recent games I've played. As I said before, I also installed all recent drivers for DirectX and my NVIDIA card.

Even though I have had this problem before, it got worse with the recent patch to the game which included the halloween graphics and Lux. So I'm not sure if the updated patch is causing it either.

ShiroSeraph

10-21-2010

bump

EvilVegan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

I'm having the exact same problem, except I noticed its only when its on the Harrowing Map, typically when playing Lux.

I did find that if I alt-tab out of the game after the loading screen comes up (with the champion pictures for both teams) and don't come back until I hear "Welcome to Summoner's Rift" the game seems to run fine. Why don' you guys test that and see if it helps? Still needs to be fixed though, because that's odd and annoying.

Since it seems champ/map specific I imagine it is something to do with a specific bit of rendering, but I have no idea really since I'm not a programmer and don't know how to do debugging and stuff.

Windows 7, nVidia GTX 285 OC, 8 GB RAM.

Drivers from 10/18/10 didn't help. DirectX not helping.

I just wish I could set a map preference and not load Winter or Harrowing, but that's probably not possible.

Gonna try reloading LOL tonight and see if that helps....

Zakkaro

10-21-2010

i think its the same issue

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...69#post3577369

ShiroSeraph

10-21-2010

Even if it's the same, still doesn't fix the problem. I could try LoL again and see if it still gives me issues but I did try uninstalling and reinstalling all of my drivers and updating DirectX.

Again I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i7, 8192MB RAM, DirectX 11

Torkarth

10-21-2010

Sounds like the same problem I have. It used to be the screen would just go black for a couple seconds. After the latest patch I now get the "game_error_graphics_card_driver_update" message and have to completely restart (after killing all the LoL stuff in the task manager). I have the latest drivers for my video card but I don't really have problems in other games.

I have a GeForce 275 GTX. It's interesting that almost everyone in this thread that has a similar graphics card (GeForce 2XX).

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Is everyone here using GTX's?

Please attach your DXDiag by doing the following:

Windows Key + R should open the run box
Type in "DXDiag" and press enter
Save the DXDiag log to desktop
Click "Go Advanced" below
Upload the log

I'll pass this on to Riot, as it seems to be an Nvidia exclusive issue O.O

Codemaster

Software Engineer

10-21-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I personally have Windows 7, 64-bit and a nVidia GeForce GTX 260 at home. I'll test when I'm off work
However, I was able to play fine a few days ago with drivers that I updated not even a month or two ago. Nonetheless, I'll check when I am at my main machine.

Sophronius

10-21-2010

Having same issues as above

linbog

10-21-2010

I am running Vista 32 with an Nvidia GeForce8800 GTS

This problem has occured after about 5 minutes of gameplay for me in 3 out of the 3 games I have attempted to play. This is new as of Tuesdays patch, the only other recent upgrades that have occured are updating my Nvidia driver to 258.96 to 260.89 after the first crash.