Game Crashes due to Graphics Card Problem?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 43
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

It won't let me install over 11. Plus I read that DirectX 9 is for XP only? I have Windows 7. I'm not sure how to uninstall 11 if I can at all.

Moonberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-20-2010

i had the same issue with my GTX 260. I did exactly what was recommended here. I updated drivers and then installed direct X9. I am also on windows 7. also direct x9 works in 7 as I have it installed.

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

How do I install DirectX 9? I already have 11 on my system.. so how do I uninstall that?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

10-20-2010

The thing about DirectX is that it is a component of Windows and isn't designed to be uninstalled. However it can be done by deleting registry entries or with 3rd party software, but I caution against this as it can cause serious system issues.

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

What would you recommend? Sticking with 11 since I can't really install 9...

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

bump

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

10-20-2010

It isn't a DirectX issue apparently. I am home and playing now, just had this error come up 6 times in one game. I am trying to hunt down a fix on the user end right now, will update this thread if/when I find something.

One thing I am doing is updating the chipset drivers for my motherboard, apparently I missed a version. I am hoping this issue is caused by a failure in the bus communication....but I highly doubt it.
I have noticed is that RIGHT before the crash the GPU takes a really heavy hit, goes to full load, and then the game dumps with this error. Because of this I am lead to believe it is something the user won't be able to fix.

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

that sucks. >< I hope it's fixable.

if anyone else can help, I'm sure input would be great.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

10-20-2010

Nvidida released new drivers on the 18th, going to try those now and see how they function. I am not sure if you have an Nvidia based solution or ATi.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

10-20-2010

I noticed that this error seems to come up when Warwick is in the game, more specifically when I play him. Shrio, have you noticed this? The only reason I bring it up is since updating my drivers I have the error still, but it only happen during the game I played Warwick. In addition to that it came up the first time I played him, and I can't recall seeing it in a game that didn't have him.

I am going to do a completely clean installation of my drivers, as that could impact it. But as it looks, it appears to be the client failing and not really the video card drivers causing it.

12345612 ... 43