Game Crashes due to Graphics Card Problem?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 43
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

Okay, it's really starting to annoy me. Even before the last patch, I've been having this problem where I could even just be standing there doing nothing and the client would crash. After the last patch, a small error window comes up and says "game_error_graphics_card_driver_update" Actually just after the last patch it got worse. Before it would just black out and sometimes go back to normal game play. But the game crashes every single time now. I would also get a message that says that the driver would stop working and has be restored.

My system is running Windows 7 Professional. I updated my graphics card driver (NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240.. brand new card, just got it in August), I'm running DirectX 11, I've updated .NET Framework 4. I also would lower the settings in the game to medium or low, no shadows, FPS to 30, windowed mode, anything to reduce the work on my card but nothing works.

I'm really at my wits end. I don't think I can play anymore because of this problem. Any help would be MUCH appreciated..

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

Anyone help please?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Hi Shiro,

As you've probably guessed, this sounds like a driver issue. My advice would be:

- Uninstall your graphics card from Device Manager
- Remove your graphics drivers from add/remove programs
- Restart
- Consider running a driver sweeper program (EG: 3DGuru Driversweeper) to remove all traces
- Reinstall

If the issue occurs, repeat the above, but try using an older driver. I know with ATI newer isn't always better, the last driver people recommend is about 5 months old!

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

Okay I will try that. Thanks I'll post if it works or not.

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

Hmm it still doesn't work. I did what you suggested, uninstalled all NVIDIA drivers and graphics card.. ran the Driver Sweeper, I downloaded a driver from back in January then a little more recent and the same problem still happens (I tested it in the Tutorial).

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

Still not working...

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

bump.. I also still get the message that the driver has stopped working and has recovered..

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

10-20-2010

Hey, I started getting this error after the last patch. I downloaded DirectX again from Microsoft, there was a small 28mb update apparently. After doing that I stopped having the issue.

ShiroSeraph

10-20-2010

I did that. I have DirectX 11 installed just yesterday. I'm still getting the "game_error_graphics_card_driver_update" and the game still crashes.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroSeraph View Post
I did that. I have DirectX 11 installed just yesterday. I'm still getting the "game_error_graphics_card_driver_update" and the game still crashes.
Try downloading DirectX 9, as this is what LoL uses.

1234511 ... 43