Aether Wing Kayle Review - Worth it? Find Out.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Believeinsteve

01-19-2013

This skin is worth the price of dragon trainer lulu skin. I still don't think dragon trainer should be 1350 but its w/e.

The kayle skin just looks like it was under-done. Rushed almost. Maybe a kayle legendary skin though is just not necessary, maybe its just me.

But I would never pay 1800rp for that skin. If I played kayle a tad more I'd pay the 1350 price

Mizzle Sticks

01-19-2013

I don't see why it matters what other skins look like in comparison. Honestly, they may have done way less work on Eternum Nocturne, but just happened to get a result that people were happy with.

No one knows how much work went into it, and the fact that people say they 'didn't do enough' is a testament to the fact that GD will act entitled and pretentious no matter what.

PG Bob Chen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-19-2013

1820 for that skin? That skin is barely a 975 skin.

Hassohappa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroVarook View Post
AutoAttack animation is horrible, id remove 5 points in animations just because of that. it just doesnt look right.
It hurts to watch. Giant swishing sword swing that looks awkward and then at the end her feet wobble around.

Hidden Dragon

01-19-2013

Unfortunately, my review of it is quite different. The skin not only looks rushed in terms of pure quality - animations, particles, voiceovers - but fails as a core concept. Maybe you might be a fan of a hextech Kayle, but the interpretation failed horribly.

Most of the model consists of a single color skintight suit that is extremely unfitting of Kayle's character. What little armor is left doesn't translate well to an in-game model.

Her sword lacks detail and just looks plastic and unimpressive when the E is not activated. Her animations alright, although her attack animation is still bugged when you have high attack speed (> 2.0) when it becomes a choppy mess.

Value of the Cost : 2/10 - it's quality suggests a 975 skin. It barely sets itself apart from the recent 95 holiday skins such as Bad Santa Veigar and
Value of the Emotes : 5/10 - emotes are lacking overall and do not reflect legendary quality
Value of the Animations : 7/10 - a good improvement on Kayle's base animations, however the attack animation bug (which was reported numerous times) was never fixed and her dance is still awkward.
Value of the Particles : 10/10 - a big improvement over normal Kayle, but not up to par with legendary status.
Value of the Voice : 10/10 - same voice, new quotes. Nothing to complain about here

I don't think anyone will say the skin is a bad skin - it's not. It's a complete improvement to the base Kayle model. But it's completely undeserving of legendary status. In fact, the basic improvements that were done to Aether Wing Kayle's animations and model are what I'd expect of a Kayle art rework.

Latvia

01-19-2013

I bought this skin and I love it. I personally do not like the wings, but the splash is great (I buy a lot of skins just for their splashes... bad habit). I also love the animation as she swings the sword, running at high speeds, recalling, etc. I personally don't care for voice overs, I would if like, she said some global message like Nocturne using his ult,but she doesn't. Speaking of which, that would be interesting. Say something judicial, angelic, inspiring across the map when she uses her ult on someone, and have some splash of ethereal light on her ally

Despite that I do think it is not as good of a skin compared to other legendary skins (I own Blood Lord Vlad, and I do like that one more) but I still find it her best skin and I was happy to buy it at its price. But, having some tweaks to improve it a bit more so it compares to the other legendaries would not be a bad thing to have.

Although I do find this "theme" to be a bit awkward on Kayle, also given the weird sense of how Riot put her coming about these wings (she lost her wings, had to return to homeland to get a new sword INFUSED with FAITH and mechanical wings) seems a little weird. With Kayle, a legendary skin would of been something that was inspiring, illustrious. I would of liked something that had like clouds or wind. A bit vague but you get my idea. Heavenly!

I really want to see more variety in future legendary skins. I really don't plan to buy more, but some more casual skins like Nunu Bot or Annie in Wonderland would be cool.

tl;dr I don't think this theme fit Kayle well, but I like the skin overall and I'm happy to of gotten it. It looks cool, but the awkwardness behind the "holy warrior" she is supposed to be did not fit her well. There is nothing more noteworthy about this skin than the other legendaries. Other legendary skins fit their champion well, but this one does not.

Melancholy Exile

01-19-2013

I realise that I'm probably going to get downvotes for making this sort of post, but I'm honestly starting to feel like people have got a bit too entitled when it comes to their skins. That's not to say that you can't complain about what Riot offers us (I'm not even a fan of this skin) but it still feels like, as they improve the quality of their product, we're expecting more for the same price, if not for less than before.

This skin is legendary. There are certainly better and more popular legendary skins, but it meets all the requirements of that classification and even goes further than certain others that fall under that banner. Gatekeeper Galio, just for example, lacks unique animations for his emotes, while Lion Dance Kog'Maw has virtually nothing to rate it under the legendary banner by today's standards. Why is it that people are saying a skin that changes every conceivable aspect of a character is only worth 975 RP, when we previously would've paid near twice that for skins which did considerably less? What is it that makes asking a higher price for a skin with a new voice-over so outrageous?

I understand that people don't like the design, the theme or simply dislike the skin as a whole, but that does nothing to change the fact that it ticks all the boxes required of a legendary skin. If Riot were to downgrade it somehow, how would we actually gauge a legendary skin in future and would they have to change every other skin that didn't reach the highs of Battlecast Prime Cho'gath to a lower price-point too?

What I'm saying is: If this skin apparently isn't worth the legendary price point, what is the bare minimum a legendary skin can do to receive that designation?

Alternatively: Would you be happier if they removed the voice-over and re-released it as a 975 skin?

AzureSkyVII

04-04-2013

the ultimate could be changed alittle