Is my internet speed good for league?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExzachT

01-17-2013

So my family recently got better internet due to the last sucking. we have a family of 4 and me and my sister are constantly on the computers. our internet speed ran at 1.5mb before, and idk if that is good or bad but if i ever tried to play league and my sister was simply on Facebook my ping in loading screen would go to 999. i could hardly ever play league. so we got an upgrade to 10mb. and I'm guessing that's a lot better since its 10x the speed. but for some reason on our old connection if she wasn't on anything and i was playing league i would run at 90ping and now with the new connection when shes not on anything i run at 120 and when she is on something i still seem to lag heavily. idk if it is still not a strong enough connection or if it is the wireless modem thats causing the lag.
just a note. i play on a laptop that can only run league on all low setting no shadows and it runs it at 20fps. dont know if that is anything. Please help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExzachT

01-17-2013

Also i have been having lots of problems with league and disconnects due to maestro and pvp.net. I love to do 1v1s with my friends and i was playing my friend and i couldve won but i disconnected and he pushed and i lost. its really frustrating because this has happened to me for 3 games straight. i have shut down my firewall and checked th eboxes to let league through my firewall and also went into some settings and went to Ip helper and set the setting to disabled? idk what it does but somebody said to do that on the forums. again please help me! i want to play league!