Dear Riot. I want to play the meta!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0xc0de

01-17-2013

Hello!
Please hear my cry! I migrated to NA because of trolls on EUNE, which probably, from tribunal statistics you may know it is full of them. I want to play the meta and players who don't obey it can be reported. I want a system where not making the META composition is a punishable thing. A system can be for example:
You join a META que, as the role that you prefer. You want to be ADC and pick Brand, you can get reported for it by your team mates and enemy. Please, i got trolled so many times, i just want to be able to play the META composition and only in 50% cases i can do it.
Thank you.

LeppyR64

01-17-2013

What does Riot do when the meta changes? Spend more money changing the meta queue? What about when the meta changes again? This is not a good idea, nor do I expect Riot to consider this. Drop this idea from your head, it will save you some wasted thoughts and time.

TheRealBOBDOLE

01-17-2013

The "Meta" that you speak of is in no way official. In fact, it isn't even the same. The old meta used to be 2 top, 1 mid, 2 bot.

Forcing someone to play YOUR way simply because you want to, is a stupid idea. Also, punishing people for thinking of tactical counters to the meta is a stupid idea. Read the book "Ender's Game". You may learn some things about not being "standard"

The roles: Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, and Support are all in flux at all times, and are always up to the ones that are playing the game. No one is required to play a certain way, and thats the way it should remain.

0xc0de

01-17-2013

I agree with what you both are saying, but i still stand by my post. It should be optional, not mandatory, but once opted, should be mandatory. That is my opinion, though, reading your posts, made me see the leaks in it.

Demonata

01-17-2013

The meta is a "player based construct" something we think is the best way to go about playing a match or game. Riot acknowledged this to an extent, but they will not intervene with player choices. They promote variety and new things. There are too many problems if they were to support a single meta. One, they would crush any inspiring idea's and players will be forced to play standard which may be boring to them. Having a similar experience every game is what riot looks to avoid, its too repetitive and dull. I understand you're feeling because its a highly competitive game that most people want to win. However there is a fine line between flat out trolling, and playing within the meta and is usually quite obvious which category someone falls into.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-17-2013

All those threads talking about role-queuing.

You know, the forums are equipped with a search feature.

ImANoobInLeague

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBOBDOLE View Post
The "Meta" that you speak of is in no way official. In fact, it isn't even the same. The old meta used to be 2 top, 1 mid, 2 bot.

Forcing someone to play YOUR way simply because you want to, is a stupid idea. Also, punishing people for thinking of tactical counters to the meta is a stupid idea. Read the book "Ender's Game". You may learn some things about not being "standard"

The roles: Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, and Support are all in flux at all times, and are always up to the ones that are playing the game. No one is required to play a certain way, and thats the way it should remain.
Great book >_<

Drucifer0

01-17-2013

It's not trolling to play a different meta, trolling is an act done to ruin someone else's game. If you want to run 2.1.2 with no jungle that's fine as long as the team agrees with it. If one guy ****s up your queue just to be spiteful or takes a solo lane after it has already been picked for then yeah, that's a troll, but you can't say that everyone who plays AP soraka/sona/janna mid is a troll. Yes those are supports but they can do well in that lane. Or have you ever tried 2 AP carry bot? It can really mess up the ADC/support combo as APs generally aren't very item dependent and have their own CC. My favorite non-meta play is pantheon bottom, where his stun and pokes make him do serious damage.

Trolling is not the same as non-meta play, and if you are playing with non meta teams then you are also playing against them, so why care?

TheRealBOBDOLE

01-17-2013

One big thing to remember is that you can't troll on accident, otherwise it's not technically a "troll". It is someone doing something different. I think actual trolls like people to know what they are doing, otherwise they won't get what they want out of the troll (ie: rage).

Point is, not everyone doing something weird is a troll. They might be the one to create the next "meta", or a counter-meta.

Chronic Diablo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

This discussion has been repeated in several forums. All I have to say is, Lux.