Ranked solo Q and elo is stupid seriously...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powerfullQZ

01-17-2013

hi im fairly new lvl 30 i started 2 play this game about 4 month ago i got 400 win and this is why im stuck and i get lower elo. in ranked solo Q 1300 elo. now im down to 1234...

in a ranked q character selection.

(last pick) hi i gonna troll if i dont get Mid i hate loosing my game because of noob mid!

(second pick) ok im going support let him mid he say hes good

(In game score 1/13/4) (last pick) report my team noob and dont gank mid. he got ganked 2 time in this game. he got killed 8 time by the enemy mid laner 1v1 and he was not paying attention and was still pushing after our leesin tryed 2 gank 4 times.

another ranked solo q character selection

(first pick) hi im first pick and i gonna get adc ok i duo q with the second pick. few min later.

(4th pick) insta lock graves (**** you i adc)

(50% chance 2 get a dodge. if they dodge? you wait all the time 2 get another team choose character and role and hope there is no troll.

(40 min into a game only nexus turret left for both team last team fight!) (talon farm top )

(Udyr) ping ping ping come to base last team fight!

(talon) Ignore ignore (talon) we gonna loose no cc. ( we had 3 stuns...)

(lost the fight only the jungler and top laner was alive with half health after the 4v5 talon was still farming top while they ended the game.. Yeah free lost elo ty talon...

(it is impossible to gain elo seriously you can get 1500 elo by doing little 2 nothing and you can be stuck at 900 elo while ur trying ur best but alway get troll 2 make u loose the game..) im not saying that im the best but every time i do a ranked and try my best 2 win there is alway a troll or a rager in my team and this is annoying seriously.. im sure there is other people that feel my pain and riot need 2 do something instead of (elo reset) each years.

powerfullQZ

01-17-2013

i forgot to talk about the most annoying part or ranked q (Leavers) im lucky i only got 1 leaver in my ranked game but is till won the 4v5 thx for the only team work team i had should of made a clan with this team but well anyway i won at least 2 game bec of a 4v5 on the enemy team and i was quite sad for them when they where winning with there fed vayne thx to sona 0/12/5 anyway she left for no reason and we won bec well they had no adc lol. still stupid how riot make leaver suffer gor leaving but do nothing for the people loosing elo for no reason after some 1 leave (this is why i love dota 2 make leaver a penality and make the leaver team dont loose anything).

PurpleWoof

01-17-2013

Certain players suck. We get it.

Statistically though, you should be winning 56% of your games if you're never the troll/bad player. And since you only need to win 51% of your games to raise your elo, you should be able to raise your elo no problem if you're truly in an elo bracket you don't deserve to be in.

powerfullQZ

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Raise Yo Elo View Post
Certain players suck. We get it.

Statistically though, you should be winning 56% of your games if you're never the troll/bad player. And since you only need to win 51% of your games to raise your elo, you should be able to raise your elo no problem if you're truly in an elo bracket you don't deserve to be in.
yes cool i have a 55% win rate but you know there is a problem.. i loose like 20 elo per lost and win like 10-15 per win ok wtf? how am i sup to raise elo like this i need a 70+ win rate to raise my elo because of this and it just not possible my best and main character in the entire game only got 60% win rate in ranked..

BK Ambientz

01-17-2013

I lol'd

PurpleWoof

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfullQZ View Post
yes cool i have a 55% win rate but you know there is a problem.. i loose like 20 elo per lost and win like 10-15 per win ok wtf? how am i sup to raise elo like this i need a 70+ win rate to raise my elo because of this and it just not possible my best and main character in the entire game only got 60% win rate in ranked..
Funny, League says you have a 51% winrate.

KaKaKaKinta

03-14-2013

I love these arguments. Yes sure the ranked system for team game is even technically possible for solo(sarcasm). Also, if I was Michael Jordan, I could pick any random I wanted and make it to the playoffs.

Common Argument = Math
Math:
1 good player out of team of 5 = 20%
2 good players out of team of 5 = 40%

Therefore, if I was one of the best players of League, there is NO chance that I would get stuck with bad players. None. Impossible.

There is no correct system for solo. So, really, no it's not "fair." What pisses me off though is the people I get to play with. You don't learn from bad players. You laugh at them. It's really much more difficult to become better with no one to learn from while you're listening to a bunch of nubs argue over who is better.

You want them to fix it? Too bad.
How do you fix a SOLO option in a TEAM game. That's really quite impossible. So, what's more annoying is people yelling at someone else to fix nonsense. Anyways, life's not fair.

Hey, remember when gaming was fun? Don't play ranked. If ranked stresses you out and you don't like normal games.... think about finding a game you like.

DekonCross

03-15-2013

Yeah when you win a game you get 15-18 LP when you lose a game you lose 20-25 LP.

You literally need to win 5 - 7 games strait to be in the quallifier to move up.
Then you need to win 2 out of the next 3 games to move up.

So thats a minimum of 7-10 games to advance through 1 division. There happens to be 5. So 35-50 games to lets say go from bronze 5 to silver. Without a loss. At the very least.

But lets say you win 4 games strait getting between 15-18 LP each game. Thats all fine and dandy. However lets say on your 5th game you get a person who is trolling \ afks \ feeds & rage quits.

Lets say you got to 63 LP you Lose that game. Your back at 38 because you lost 25 LP from losing the 1 game.

I think LP loss should be based upon how good or bad you did in a game.

Example, my friend went 18-8-11 as an ADC. We lost cause last 10 minutes of the game someone went afk.

I think he should have lost maybe 10 LP max. VS the 23 LP he lost.

I think LP should be calculated as every 1 kill = .5 of LP loss reduction.
1 assists = .3 lp loss reduction

Since its easier to get assists than it is to get kills. While still showing love for my support buddies. (I got 21assists last game so really its not that hard and im not even support. I jungle.

So lets say I lost last game. I would have had 1 kill - 21 assists. So I would have my lp loss reduced by 7 points. Round up to the next whole number if x.8 or higher. If lower than .8 you have would keep the whole number you are at. EX - 1 kill = .5 lp loss reduction 21 assists = 6.3 lp loss recduction. = 6.8 -> 7LP loss reduction so I would only lose about 13-16lp vs 20-25lp.

just a thought. Most people will see paragraphs of words and instantly downvote because they dont like to have to actually READ stuff.

KSI Goliath

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekonCross View Post
Yeah when you win a game you get 15-18 LP when you lose a game you lose 20-25 LP.

You literally need to win 5 - 7 games strait to be in the quallifier to move up.
Then you need to win 2 out of the next 3 games to move up.

So thats a minimum of 7-10 games to advance through 1 division. There happens to be 5. So 35-50 games to lets say go from bronze 5 to silver. Without a loss. At the very least.

Well, I get 25-30 LP for a win and 15~ for a loss, so obviously you're wrong. LP gains are based on your MMR (Elo). You have a bad MMR, so you gain more slowly. I have a good MMR, so I gain more quickly. System is working. If you want a higher MMR, duo up. Win games at a higher level and your MMR will increase to match.

But lets say you win 4 games strait getting between 15-18 LP each game. Thats all fine and dandy. However lets say on your 5th game you get a person who is trolling \ afks \ feeds & rage quits.

Lets say you got to 63 LP you Lose that game. Your back at 38 because you lost 25 LP from losing the 1 game.

Or in my case, I win 4 games straight, get to 90 LP, then lose one and drop to 75. Oh noes.

I think LP loss should be based upon how good or bad you did in a game.

Example, my friend went 18-8-11 as an ADC. We lost cause last 10 minutes of the game someone went afk.

I think he should have lost maybe 10 LP max. VS the 23 LP he lost.

I think LP should be calculated as every 1 kill = .5 of LP loss reduction.
1 assists = .3 lp loss reduction

Since its easier to get assists than it is to get kills. While still showing love for my support buddies. (I got 21assists last game so really its not that hard and im not even support. I jungle.

So lets say I lost last game. I would have had 1 kill - 21 assists. So I would have my lp loss reduced by 7 points. Round up to the next whole number if x.8 or higher. If lower than .8 you have would keep the whole number you are at. EX - 1 kill = .5 lp loss reduction 21 assists = 6.3 lp loss recduction. = 6.8 -> 7LP loss reduction so I would only lose about 13-16lp vs 20-25lp.

just a thought. Most people will see paragraphs of words and instantly downvote because they dont like to have to actually READ stuff.

Then kills and assists matter, unlike now (when they don't). This game is about killing the enemy Nexus, not killing the enemy players. Kills and assists help, but the ability to play Amumu and press R in the middle of 4 people to get 4 assists, or Raka to heal crossmap for assists, doesn't mean you deserve to win. If you lost, you generally (barring 4v5s) deserve to lose. Period. So you don't lose less LP.
My responses in bold because I'm too lazy to format it properly. Also, I didn't downvote because it was a wall of text, I downvoted because I think it's a waste of space.

Edit: Oh jesus, again. Alright, I'm not KSI Goliath, I'm AD Bottom. It's logging me on randomly again. Love college networks. Don't go adding KSI Goliath in game or you're going to confuse him to no end.

DekonCross

03-15-2013

I have 23 ranked wins 35 ranked losses atm.

I duo que all the time and I attempt to cary my team as a jungler. Its what im best at doing. Its where I play the strongest. I can also play top and mid well.

However when I get stuck support or adc. Somewhere that I can play, but not well. Unless the people im playing with as my adc\support match how I play. Theres not much I can do. I would rather solo lane vs relying on someone to help me not to mention im not spending money on GP10 runes. Since its a role I generally AVOID playing at all costs.

Almost EVERY game I play and some one pulls pick order on me. We lose, because..... the people who pull the pick order lose their lane and or are duo with someone and will babysit that person to try and help them win their lane when other lanes need help.

Riot needs to make a change in the sumoners code that says. RESPECT PICK ORDER AND LANE CALLS cause forcing people to play something they arent particularly strong at will almost always result in a game loss.