Fix for the AMD issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killmaster84

01-17-2013

If you're like me you're getting random tearing or things appearing on your screen since the newest patch. Thinking it was an issue with Windows 8, so I formatted back to Windows 7 and still had the issue. After thinking what the issue could be I figured it was a driver issue as my computer with a 6870 running an older driver is still running League beautifully, were as my 7970 is getting the issues listed above.

I uninstalled the latest AMD driver using Revo uninstaller free version(removes all entries of the program from your computer) and installed the AMD beta driver. Quickly went and spectated a game with no issues.

I'm going to make a quick and dirty guide.

Step 1: Go to AMD website and download the beta drivers
Step 2: Use Revo and uninstall the drivers AMD Catalyst(Should be near the top)
Step 3: Restart your computer
Step 4: Install the beta drivers(Should be in your downloads folder) Start>*Username*>Downloads
Step 5: Install beta drivers
Step 6: Restart computer
Step 7: Enjoy LoL again!

Revo and AMD are links to were you can get the downloads seeing on my monitor the blue us hard to see.

IchigoMC

01-17-2013

Thanks for the advice, I hope this works for most people. It did not work for me. I am still experiencing flickers and graphical distortion.

SiKkNdTwiSt3D

01-17-2013

i really dont want to do all of that to fix this problem.. hopefully league will patch this so they dont make all their loyal customers go through all this head ache.........

sikk

IchigoMC

01-17-2013

It shouldn't be a headache to update your graphics drivers ... it's something that you should do anyways.

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

As a quick note, this is a Beta driver, in the past beta drivers have caused instability and data loss. As always, before installing any new drivers, you should create a restore point, in case the driver installation does not go smoothly.

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKkNdTwiSt3D View Post
i really dont want to do all of that to fix this problem.. hopefully league will patch this so they dont make all their loyal customers go through all this head ache.........

sikk
Your problem is different, you are experiencing a PEBKAC error. These are the most difficult errors to fix. I suggest that you use the googles for solutions on your error.

Streamlines

01-17-2013

Worked for me, thanks for the advice. Only one thing: You don't actually need the Revo software. Just download the beta driver, start it up and tell it to uninstall current AMD software on your computer. Restart your PC, install the driver from the same .exe and restart your PC again.

Edit: Sorry, I accidentally downvoted your post when I tried to upvote it

hay was soft cuh

01-17-2013

No idea why you got downvotes, this worked for me.

killmaster84

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamlines View Post
Worked for me, thanks for the advice. Only one thing: You don't actually need the Revo software. Just download the beta driver, start it up and tell it to uninstall current AMD software on your computer. Restart your PC, install the driver from the same .exe and restart your PC again.

Edit: Sorry, I accidentally downvoted your post when I tried to upvote it
It got rid of all the traces just in case something was left behind. But in most cases you are correct.