Ability to vote in tribunal during matchmaking as part of the interface?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

01-17-2013

It seems to me that the Tribunal is a great tool for helping to make the community a better place because it helps to weed out harmful players and make people more aware of how negative they actually are when they're bashing people. Unfortunately, participation in the Tribunal is not mandatory (maybe one case per day?).

I'm suggesting an implementation of the tribunal through the login interface directly, or at least a tribunal button somewhere on the login (where your summoner information is, for example) that opens up the tribunal link in a web browser.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jester82

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2013

You see Tribunal not being mandatory being a problem ? Remember when Tribunal gave IP ? How many people just spam click punish to get their IP, this behavior will only get worse if its mandatory to play.

As part of being part of interface, its bad idea. You are reviewing a case, and your match pop. You click yes and it will closed your case. how is that better then Alt tabbing to your browser ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zkmr

Junior Member

01-18-2013

I've also wanted a button at the login/startup window for the tribunal. The inconvenience of having to get to the tribunal by opening a browser and navigating detracts from the desirability to participate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester82 View Post
You see Tribunal not being mandatory being a problem ? Remember when Tribunal gave IP ? How many people just spam click punish to get their IP, this behavior will only get worse if its mandatory to play.

As part of being part of interface, its bad idea. You are reviewing a case, and your match pop. You click yes and it will closed your case. how is that better then Alt tabbing to your browser ?
The punish rate by my own estimation is already 90% (currently). You also have to spend a minimum of 20 seconds per case (with a max of 20 cases per day). I don't see how it can get much worse. So that argument's gone.

As for your match popping up, your opinion is one of many. It will not close your case.

The issue is convenience and making the LOL community involved with the Tribunal, which it currently is not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troa

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Convenience I can agree with in terms of making an easier link to it that pops a browser window up with it. Mandating it is a terrible idea though.

Zer0, I have to seriously question how much you know about the tribunal if you think it is a good idea to force people to participate in it. It is not hard to sit there for 29 seconds, then just click punish. It really isn't. It is easily spammable, which was the issue. The intent of the delay is to make sure people read at least a little bit, but it does not mean it is used.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troa View Post
Convenience I can agree with in terms of making an easier link to it that pops a browser window up with it. Mandating it is a terrible idea though.

Zer0, I have to seriously question how much you know about the tribunal if you think it is a good idea to force people to participate in it. It is not hard to sit there for 29 seconds, then just click punish. It really isn't. It is easily spammable, which was the issue. The intent of the delay is to make sure people read at least a little bit, but it does not mean it is used.
If you do nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear from the tribunal. However, given the incidence of people getting understandably angry with bad/flaming/trolling players, it is still quite possible for someone to get a temporary ban (b/c no one listens to warnings). This being said, it is still impossible to get banned for life or a year b/c of being a flaming player. People that get banned for a week simply either quit the game or keep doing what they were doing when they get unbanned.

Either way, Riot needs to seriously change the Tribunal interface so that it FORCES people to read (maybe scroll through some text at a slow enough speed, answer 2 questions about the case, etc.?), or change the delay to the point where Riot thinks it won't be spammed.

The Tribunal is a necessary part of community introspection about their behavior. It is a necessary evil to deal with the much greater evil that is a toxic community.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jester82

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Riot dont need to force people to read. They just do to do a follow up on the "judge" that voted against the majority.

For example, if player A always push punish because he hates troll. Some of player A case will be pardon and Riot will see that in X% of case, Player A was wrong and they can do a follow up.

Do you really think waiting 20 sec change anything if you force people to vote ? lol.

LoL is an internet game, and like it or not, like every internet game, it will have trolls. Riot doing most then most company regarding this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester82 View Post
Riot dont need to force people to read. They just do to do a follow up on the "judge" that voted against the majority.

For example, if player A always push punish because he hates troll. Some of player A case will be pardon and Riot will see that in X% of case, Player A was wrong and they can do a follow up.

Do you really think waiting 20 sec change anything if you force people to vote ? lol.

LoL is an internet game, and like it or not, like every internet game, it will have trolls. Riot doing most then most company regarding this.
The Tribunal is supposed to operate without Riot's approval except for 1 week bans and more severe punishments.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Bump goes the dynamite


12