Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which champions (when learned) make you better at the game in general?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravenous Kitten

01-17-2013

Fiddlesticks jungle teaches positioning.

RipCarlin

01-17-2013

Eh. Playing any one champion doesn't make you better at the game any quicker than any other champion imo. You don't learn from playing certain champs. It doesn't take all that long to learn how to play a champion. To truly become better at the game you need to improve your mechanics, learn effective team comps and counterpicks, learn how to optimize team kits in team fights, etc,. You don't learn these things from just playing a champion. You learn through just playing, experiencing, and improving yourself off your mistakes or shortcomings.

Syrusa

01-17-2013

Sivir, all day.
To master her shield, you need reflex and awareness.

garen2 alistar1

01-17-2013

darius teaches me that if u suck u can sitll win lane

NotFarlong

01-17-2013

Gangplank taught me how to be a total boss and carry everyone and everything, and then push at the speed of light while the enemy is respawning.

Destrucshot

01-17-2013

bump

Kupo Kuddles

01-17-2013

Veigar and Nasus both teach you the importance of last-hitting, since they're dependent on it to succeed.

kieronz

01-17-2013

*When new to the game*
If you want to learn every lanes role aswell as jungle as a starter you could check out the recommended champs and try them.
Profile > Champions > Recommended

Q Destroyer

01-17-2013

Heimerdinger teaches positioning and when and how to get into the fight.

SeCKS Egai

01-17-2013

Ashe was easily my first go to carry being a whopping 450ip and fitting my play style. My best norm score of 20/0/27 was with her, and I doubt i'll ever do that well again even though I've improved since so has my competition.

Vayne has helped a bit more with positioning, since condemn pins are reliant on it and since her nerfs months ago her early game is so dependent on zoning and the support.

Ram was my first tank, and really helped to form my perception of the tank role in LoL. I also liked how he was very straight-forward.

Udyr was my first jungler, and while I preferred tiger over phoenix, it was on him I got familiar with jungle routes before I started taking my tanks on that journey.

Veigar was my first main ap carry, and one of my first mains, and he helped me understand the concept of cc and nuking.