Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Noobs on the pbe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P4R4G0N N0V4

01-16-2013

Riot you really need to make a way to cut noobs out from the pbe. I have had 7 games in a row with people feeding on purpose. I would like to test in a game where people are actually mature about playing the game instead of just being little *****es about it. Just wanted to put that out there.
Ok maybe I worded that wrong but I meant that we need a good environment to play in. We aren't going to get information about bugs in game if someone is messing everything up. And you guys need to stop putting words in my mouth about how I only play PBE for the stuff because I don't and I never said that

DarkTundras

01-17-2013

It's PBE this server is dedicated to testing not skill, if you're intent is to use these servers for competitive play while mooching off the stipends then u should consider leaving

fr0st2k

01-17-2013

^youre quite stupid irl arent you? How does one test a competitive game without playing competitively?

sure. you can run around and do stupid stuff while testing pathing, etc. But how do you test whether skills activate fast enough, have good enough hit box, dont do something ridiculous during a team fight with a certain composition.

You don't have to play to win, but you still need to play competitively to test how the game will play live...

Peltz

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Since you can't play competitively at the real server, you're trying to play competitively in a server where nobody tries their best and use the server to test content, no?

You're not testing the psychology of this game, you're testing the content.

Benownzyew

01-17-2013

Quote:
fr0st2k:
^youre quite stupid irl arent you? How does one test a competitive game without playing competitively?

sure. you can run around and do stupid stuff while testing pathing, etc. But how do you test whether skills activate fast enough, have good enough hit box, dont do something ridiculous during a team fight with a certain composition.

You don't have to play to win, but you still need to play competitively to test how the game will play live...

You can always test a "competitive game" on the real server.. you're quite an idiot too cause you dont think before you type..And what you said just made you look dumb

Kakeru7

01-17-2013

Quote:
Benownzyew:
You can always test a "competitive game" on the real server.. you're quite an idiot too cause you dont think before you type..And what you said just made you look dumb

I'm not sure if you took the time to just read yourself because the goal of the Beta is to test BEFORE releasing it to public live servers.

Peltz

Recruiter

01-17-2013

You're not testing to see wherever a new skin is going to improve your performance in a ranked game, skins do not really even do that.

AriesMajor

01-17-2013

Im pretty sure the OP is talking about griefers on pbe, and yes, there are groups of them that will intentionally feed 20-30+ deaths for no other reason than to troll. I'm not even counting the leavers here, but its getting out of hand because they're starting to poor into the custom environments with multiple accounts all doing the same thing etc. OP could have phrased it better, but over this past month I totally see what he's saying.

AriesMajor

01-17-2013

Quote:
Benownzyew:

No you don't, live server is set up to be near flawless. We test bugs here on a regular play level as well as finding exploits. Riot hasn't changed the death coding or respawn method in over a year, so no one has a reason to be running around greifing.

Play the game as you would if you didn't know you were testing, at the same time pay attention to things that seem strange. Ezreal throw a Q and you don't see the particle? Report it. You gather more information about unknown bugs by getting them as a whole and playing normally.

Oh and just as a proof to what the op is actually talking about. You See the posts about Threshes Q. Yeah you wouldn't be able to gather the right information on that if you were just goofing around throwing it at mobs. You notice bugs like that by playing normally/competitively same goes for Dianas R, and Varus's Q on his new skin.

Estred Shantile

01-17-2013

Quote:
fr0st2k:

it is easier to test if you and the enemy team are also in Ventrillo or Skype to get realtime (close to it) feedback on skills and rates if you are actually testing. Most of us probably pick up the newest changes and just play with them and report anything major we notice. I would... were I still actively playing, I am just not big on MOBA's atm though I will offer some advice if I feel it fits.

Happy hunting people.