Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you like to see a change for the headgear?

Yes, I don't like it and I would like to see it change. 1427 80.08%
No, I think it is beautiful, so no change needed. 355 19.92%
Voters 1782 .

Jade Fang Cassiopeia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cire Angel

01-16-2013

So, I guess that many of you have seen the new Jade Fang Cassiopeia skin that Riot is preparing to celebrate the Lunar New Year (and if you haven't seen it yet, here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HSLVlIvNb8)

Well, I don't usually care about these stuff. If I like it, i will buy it and vice versa. But since Cassiopeia is and has always been one of my favourite champion. I would like to give some of my opinion on it.

Change the head gear.

Put that aside for a minute, I love the colours combination of her new skin, and i think it is perfect to the core. I love the gold nails on her hands (if you're wondering why does she have them, it is something the royal women in ancient china like the queen, the king's mother...wear to show their status). So from her neck down, I love every detail.

Then we have the head gear. I don't know why they design it like it is. And I don't understand it, at all.

If it is for originality, well, dota 2 Medusa also has 2 giant snakes on her head. So it is not original (Don't mean to compare the two games or the two champs, just want to state that someone already did that)

So, there go my 2 cents on the skin. I know some ppl might like it, but I don't, and a lot of my friends don't like it either when i asked them. So hoping that Riot might reconsider some tweak for the skin before release.

Aaya

01-16-2013

i must concur with this post.

notanxj9smurf

01-16-2013

agree.

although i'll probably just stick with my siren skin anyway.

Knote

01-16-2013

Wow that is one dissapointing skin.

The colors are ugly, very dull, and it's like jade with magenta /gag.

You'd think with a "jade" skin it'd be pretty vibrant.

And the particle changes don't really impress me either, her Twin Fangs don't even shoot fangs, they're like snake punches lol. Plus her ult not turning people into jade is a huge let down and the particle for that as well looks pretty underwhelming. The colors are also pretty inconsistent, her Q/E/R are like this teal Spirit-Fire type of color (not very jade-like) used for Tyrant Swain and the halloween skins, her auto is still green and her miasma is still purple.

Possibly unfinished, so who knows, but yuck. D:

Also I agree with you on the headsnakes, they look a bit goofy, maybe if they were coming from her shoulders or maybe out of her back and sprawled over her shoulders or something.

ChrononumberXIII

01-16-2013

I feel like its a little over the top, maybe done it down a bit and it would be okay

MrBoomstickESQ

01-16-2013

Turning people into Jade. That might have alot more work behind it than you'd think.

But would it make the skin badass?

YESSSS!

Sangrelatto

01-16-2013

I love it, and yet I'm up for change because I feel honestly that it can be better.

But IMO, what needs change more urgently are her new particles. Her unique particles now are a bit too subtle for my tastes (eg. wisps of black smoke wafting from her W) and personally I would prefer her particles to be more flashy, more in-your-face, more screaming out "THIS IS A COOL SKIN GODDAMMIT", especially when some of her effects like her ult lasts only a SPLIT second.

Come on Riotplz

Cire Angel

01-16-2013

Quote:
Knote:
Wow that is one dissapointing skin.

The colors are ugly, very dull, and it's like jade with magenta /gag.

You'd think with a "jade" skin it'd be pretty vibrant.

And the particle changes don't really impress me either, her Twin Fangs don't even shoot fangs, they're like snake punches lol. Plus her ult not turning people into jade is a huge let down and the particle for that as well looks pretty underwhelming.

Possibly unfinished, so who knows, but yuck. D:

You have to understand that, to ult ppl into jade, you will have to have it made from every other champions, not Cassio herself. So it will take a lot of time and effort, and I don't think it really worth it.

Knote

01-16-2013

Quote:
Cire Angel:
You have to understand that, to ult ppl into jade, you will have to have it made from every other champions, not Cassio herself. So it will take a lot of time and effort, and I don't think it really worth it.

I suppose, but in that case it'd be alot of work when just releasing more champs as well. I assumed they basically used a gradient or something to just coat each model rather than going though the hassle of customizing it for each one, in which case a jade gradient wouldn't be too complicated would it, I mean it only lasts for just under 2 seconds, it doesn't have to be super detailed and translucent or anything, hell even the default stone effect doesn't look very detailed, just tint it green or something.

Màrs

01-16-2013

Agreed. What a slap in the face for all the people who have been asking for a Medusa skin for cassiopeia and they give us this ugly skin. I understand this is for the year of the snake but at least give us a good skin it's been over 2 years Exiled cass was okay but right now I really don't see any reason to buy a skin the base skin is 1million times better.

Take some notes riot, don't even play this game but I can tell they apparently put more of an effort into their skins than you do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm5P1Eibgq0