Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie Visual Upgrade Live is on the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hige

01-18-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:
This isn't the official bit from the lore team, but my view on it is that the stuffed bear is totemic in nature- neither her source of power nor an actual manifestation of the bear, but more like what she keeps the bear ensorcelled in when she doesn't need him full size. So most of the time the stuffed bear is 'possessed' by Tibbers, until she expels him from it to do her bidding. Such as tea parties.

so... why does the teddy bear stays in her hand while R is "active"? ._.

Kurcheena

01-18-2013

Will Frankentibbers Annie finally get lightning particles instead of fire?

When the skin was out, new particles were a rarity and only legendary skins had them. However, times have changes and the fact is - fire just doesn't fit with the theme of the skin at all.

If it doesn't happen now - it probably never will. :/

tender paws

01-18-2013

Her new sound effects are way too noisy and so exceedingly different from other champ spell effects that it makes me worry.

Also it has been said, but yeah, the walking animation on Annie is terrible and needs redone. She practically slides everywhere you go as if you were experiencing lag. Also posted somewhere above, the weird resizing of her hands/forearms that occurs during her walking needs changed...

Lux Bot

01-18-2013

Some of my thoughts on the visual upgrade:

First of all, I have a problem with the sound effects that were used for the upgrade. I feel like the sounds for her autoattacks, Disintegrate, and Incinerate are far too loud. The original sounds for her autoattack and Incinerate were fairly quiet, but that was bearable compared to the loud cracking that these abilities have now.

Secondly, I use the Annie in Wonderland skin when I play Annie, and I bought it because of her in-game model being very innocent looking compared to the in-game models of her other skins. I feel that her new in-game model for Annie in Wonderland looks too angry. Obviously this is to match the facial expression of the other skins, but I am not in favor of this choice. Now, this is obviously not something that can would be addressed simply because of one person's feedback, but thanks to any Riot members who read this and can respond with some feedback. Thank you!

roflSong

01-18-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:
This isn't the official bit from the lore team, but my view on it is that the stuffed bear is totemic in nature- neither her source of power nor an actual manifestation of the bear, but more like what she keeps the bear ensorcelled in when she doesn't need him full size. So most of the time the stuffed bear is 'possessed' by Tibbers, until she expels him from it to do her bidding. Such as tea parties.

Makes sense to me now, lol. Thanks for the quick reply ^_^

roflSong

01-18-2013

Quote:
Hige:
so... why does the teddy bear stays in her hand while R is "active"? ._.

Try to think of it as a genie in a genie shaped bottle. She is a little girl, after all. Why not stick Tibbers in her favorite buddy? ^_^

Riley9119

01-18-2013

I was on the pbe and I bought goth annie and her panda skin. It only gave me the option to use classic or goth skin. I then bought another annie skin and tried it again. It still wouldn't let me use any other skin then goth or classic. What should I do?

ZenCat

01-18-2013

Anyone else feel like Annies splells look more like lava than actual fire? Just curious.
I mean they look great. They're super-high quality. They're pretty. But they don't really look like fire.
Old Annie spells, despite their low quality looked more like... well, fire.

Also would be fantastic if Frankentibbers Annie finally got lightning effects. At least on Tibbers...

Sessamo

01-18-2013

Quote:
Måjor:
The Flame particles for Franken Tibbers Annie should be green imo, similar to Brands, the red flames don't suit the skin. :/

Something other than standard orange.
Riot pls.

ZenCat

01-18-2013

Quote:
Måjor:
The Flame particles for Franken Tibbers Annie should be green imo, similar to Brands, the red flames don't suit the skin. :/

Either lightning particles or green fire.
+1