Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie Visual Upgrade Live is on the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roflSong

01-18-2013

New Annie skins looks amazing! But I have to ask, why does she still hold Tibbers when she ults and drops him on some poor unsuspecting enemy? Weirds me out. >_>

BendyBread

01-18-2013

Quote:
Niailyse:
New Annie skins looks amazing! But I have to ask, why does she still hold Tibbers when she ults and drops him on some poor unsuspecting enemy? Weirds me out. >_>

This is my theory so don't go 100% on it.

But I think it's actually stuck to her, as in he's part of the model, not a separate item. Plus she's incorporated into her dance and recall, so it'd look weird if he wasn't there unless they wanted to make alternate ones without him in her hands.

get dat birdman

01-18-2013

Quote:
Niailyse:

The doll is (I assume anyway) just a reagent. Tibbers is another entity.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

01-18-2013

Quote:
Solatoral:
This is my theory so don't go 100% on it.

But I think it's actually stuck to her, as in he's part of the model, not a separate item. Plus she's incorporated into her dance and recall, so it'd look weird if he wasn't there unless they wanted to make alternate ones without him in her hands.

This isn't the official bit from the lore team, but my view on it is that the stuffed bear is totemic in nature- neither her source of power nor an actual manifestation of the bear, but more like what she keeps the bear ensorcelled in when she doesn't need him full size. So most of the time the stuffed bear is 'possessed' by Tibbers, until she expels him from it to do her bidding. Such as tea parties.

CommandShockwave

01-18-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:
This isn't the official bit from the lore team, but my view on it is that the stuffed bear is totemic in nature- neither her source of power nor an actual manifestation of the bear, but more like what she keeps the bear ensorcelled in when she doesn't need him full size. So most of the time the stuffed bear is 'possessed' by Tibbers, until she expels him from it to do her bidding. Such as tea parties.

That's what I'd always assumed as well.

skssnrdnrp

01-18-2013

One thing I don't like about this Annie upgrade is that Alice skin still doesn't feel so legendary...
Other skins such as Goth Annie or Frostfire Annie has different colored particles for 975rp but Alice skin is just has remodelled Annie and Tibbers with same particles as classic skin.
I was hoping you guys would improve Alice skin quality while doing a voice and model change but this is disappointing I must say.

BadgerDrool

01-18-2013

I want to repeat my request/suggestion that Tibber's dances when Annie does due to Voodoo Manipulation of little Tibbers making Big Tibbers move against his will. Oh and for reference "Making My Cat Dance" on youtube appears to get some assorted videos along the lines of what I'm thinking. Have him look confused as Annie pulls little Tibbers into a hug as he is pulled up on his toes. Then have him fly around a bit as Annie spins and dances with little Tibbers. His arms and head doing their own thing as he's resigned but trying to grab a tree or something.

Oh and when using Reverse Annie I was very disappointing by the lack of "Rawr Imma bear" taunt. (Again youtube "Rawr Imma bear" brings up related stuff. Not directly linking anything though.)

Altearia

01-18-2013

So why didn't you take this chance to make Annie in Wonderland a real legendary Riot? Looking at her she is just a re-skined Base annie, no particle effects or anything else to make it feel legendary, rather disappointing.

BadgerDrool

01-18-2013

Quote:
skssnrdnrp:
One thing I don't like about this Annie upgrade is that Alice skin still doesn't feel so legendary...
Other skins such as Goth Annie or Frostfire Annie has different colored particles for 975rp but Alice skin is just has remodelled Annie and Tibbers with same particles as classic skin.
I was hoping you guys would improve Alice skin quality while doing a voice and model change but this is disappointing I must say.

I wanted to give some ideas for Annie in Wonderland. The new flame effects have a decent level of translucency. I think that with the right browns they could look like scalding hot tea. Maybe add a tea cup into her right hand and adjusting animations so it looks like she's tossing tea at people. Hmm maybe replace the particle for her "Holding a flame" with a tiny flame under a tea cup that's steaming. Put the teacup in as part of particles to avoid having to mess with her animations/rig/model.

A mostly brown with some white steam shift in her fire effect might do a good job being a "hot tea" change to her fire.

Riot already has a tea cup in one of Vi's hidden eastereggs. This could be expanded by having Annie and Vi have a separate hidden passive. Change Annie in Wonderland's taunt to a "More tea?" taunt where she pulls out a tea pot with floating fire under it heating it up. Then give Vi a hidden taunt where she pulls out the tea cup and goes "Why yes please, and Tibbers looks dapper."

Or maybe someone can just draw a picture of Vi attending Annie's Tea Party.

Annie in Wonderland's Big Tibbers could have his walk animation changes to a bunny hop. That'd be pretty funny.

If some new voice over lines could be added. Maybe have Annie gain a few Wonderland unique comments like rhymes or Annie trying and adorably failing to recite an Alice in Wonderland lyric. Just 3-4 mixed in with her normal stuff would go a long way.

Just some ideas.

Anyone else feel like Riot should take some of these remade legacy skins and just put them back in the shop full time? The quality has gone way up so leaving them legacy is rather a waste.

Jixson

Recruiter

01-18-2013

Quote:
Altearia:
So why didn't you take this chance to make Annie in Wonderland a real legendary Riot? Looking at her she is just a re-skined Base annie, no particle effects or anything else to make it feel legendary, rather disappointing.

They never upgraded Magnificent Twisted Fate either, which was so strange.

You already are hard at work on fixing him, why not work on the "legendary" skin as well.