Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie Visual Upgrade Live is on the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

01-16-2013

Looks great overall, but molten shield looks really lame; it doesn't look or feel like it's surrounding her, 3 dimensionally, like her old shield.

Masterphailure

01-16-2013

Loving the new update, seeing how she was my first main but her shield really does look weird now. Otherwise looks good

TheEnygma

01-16-2013

Quote:
Ququroon:
Signing up for the PBE is currently closed, but pay attention to this thread for more information: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2456761

That's the plan. I'll try to poke some people and get them all turned on for you guys tomorrow.

Yeah, it's still her old voice for now. We'll get this to your ears as soon as we can. (Though for now, I'll tell you that I absolutely love it! I hope you will too!)

how come we never got to test Nidalee's skins

I Called Support

01-16-2013

I actually really liked her new shield

Amentus

01-16-2013

Loving just about everything about the update . My only problems with it aside from the shield is her Wonderland skin. Goth Annie has really cool colors to the particles, but Wonderland, her legendary is getting left without any extra flair? I understand that its retired, but its still a legendary skin. I can't help feeling like it should be treated like one in the update at least for those who did spend money on it.

TheeCanadianD

Recruiter

01-16-2013

Hey Riot, just a suggestion on FrankenTibbers Annie, i think it would be cool if she had green fire. I know Zombie Brand has green fire but i feel as it suits the skin more then the normal fire she has now

Ankokukai

01-17-2013

I totally love the remodel
i love that she has facial expresions and moves her mouth when talking, etc
i love her animations
her auto attack feels more responsive
and i love all her particles (including Tibbers) except for 1 little thing...

Old Frostfire Annie used to shoot snowflakes with her Incinerate (W) along with the flames, and she doesnt now, she just shoots the blue flame

could you guys add that little detail back? please ;-;

Mysnomer

01-17-2013

If you have Tibbers out, the R tooltip displays improper damage numbers, and if you mouse over the level up button while he's out, it won't tell you the mana cost increase, it just shows 0 -> 0. I was using Goth Annie, though I don't see how that would affect this.

BendyBread

01-17-2013

If you guys could respond to this (or any comment) I'd be grateful. Even if it's to confirm you won't change anything, I just want to know you're actually reading and listening. I have a mixture of feedback and questions.

First off I'd like to say well done. I stopped playing Annie a while ago (I forget why....) and this remodel makes me want to jump right back into mid as her. Her model is adorable, her animations are fantastic and Tibbers looks like a real boss right now.
Now I nearly all my points won't be used, because it's too late in the process to change much, but I feel like I should put my thoughts out whilst they're being asked for or 'allowed'.

Pros:
-Kept to the originals scale. I find this important because in my eyes you guys have previously had a bit of size misjudgement for champions (e.g Soraka being as tall as a giraffe).

-BEAUTIFUL particles on skills. Probably haven't seen such amazing particles since Ahri IMO. Like this is a genuine brava to you guys. It looks like real fire at times, and I find myself wanting to cast things over and over and over just to see it. Some champions feel a little bland (no offence, but classic Zed, Sejuani), whilst Annie has this beautiful array of fire skills akin to 1000 Foxfires being cast by Ahri and combined.

-Her dance and recall are absolutely adorable. You perfectly captured the child within her. I literally had to open a custom game and watch her for a few minutes because I kept going "DAWWWW".

-She doesn't look dead in the eyes any more, it's like there is a spark of life inside that girl. I love it, because now I can zoom in and think to myself that she has a personality, she really is a 'person', rather than zooming in and going "OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!?!?".
I think that's really important, to have them look or feel real, so they're a part of the game, like they're alive with it, not a barbie doll that sits and stares blankly.

-Tibbers, as I said, looks like I boss. A proper scary minion/pet rather than a walking fluffy golem. Not to mention the work that's been put into each skin to make him appear different. It's amazing (I think my favourite is frostfire just because of the beanie).

Cons
-The eyes have too much eye-liner. Yes, I know, the original has eye liner. But I think you've over done how much she's wearing, it's too much of an emphasis on her face in my opinion.

-Her eyes, the vibrant and lively, make her otherwise youthful appearance seem a little fake. It's like she's trying to be that midget in the movie Orphan, except the eyes are a dead give-away to being old. which we know she isn't (ignoring aging since it's a game). I don't know if it's even possible, but is there a way to make her seem youthful in the eyes?
Also I don't know if it's just me, but she doesn't smile enough for a little girl, albeit demonic-like.

-Tibbers feels a bit disproportionate. When Tibbers is standing up, rather than feeling "normal" like Yogi Bear, his bottom half feels too...narrow and undersized compared to his torso. I feel like he's going to just topple over and crush someone. Maybe it's because his legs are too short, that might be the reason.
Another 'issue' with tibbers is the stiches. Goth annie seems to be the only one who has stiches down Tibbers's stomach, like the current Live version does on all her skins (IIRC). I don't personally agree with chucking bandaids in their place.

-(Skin specific) Frostfire Annie's flames are too dark in my opinion. The current Live version has lighter flames that feel like icey fire. These new ones, though a beautiful colour, don't capture fire as much as it does smokey water, if that makes any sense, especially since there is a bit of purple intertwined. If possible maybe turn up the contrast or brightness on them to have them really shine blue? (Kind of like Anivia's skills if not a teensy bit darker).

-Her run feels to.....glidey? When the old Annie skips, it feels normal, like it's in pace with the world. When this Annie skips, something feels wrong. Like she's got butter or ice on the bottom of her shoes and she's just sweeping along very gracefully. I understand wanting smooth animations, but skipping has a certain rigidity to it that I can't seem to grasp here. Very minor.

-As others have said. Shield. Honestly if you kept the feel of the old one but with new fire particles it'd be perfect. Now it feels too odd to use. :/

I think for now that's all I can think of. Annie wasn't the first champ I'd want reworked, but now that she is, thank you so much for the amount of hard work and effort that has clearly gone into this wonderful project. Just once again, amazing work on keeping her cute and childish, whilst updating her skill icons to look modern, and give her more realistic fire effects that make me want to cast her skills again and again just to star gaze at them and go "wow, that really is amazing".
Also, just to pose a question before I finish - You say you're keeping the VA and some of her 'iconic' lines. Will she be getting a range of new quotes as well? I'd love to see old champs have more dialogue to the calibre that Vi does.

Cheers,
Solatoral.

momochiii

01-17-2013

Here are some of my thoughts on the visual remake:

1. Her walk, as someone else said is remeniscent to Sivir's moonwalk. Not only that, but her movement I feel is jerky and overexagerated making it look very awkward.
2. I get that Annie's supposed to be creepy, but I really liked the fact that the old Annie in Wonderland and Prom Queen skins had softer faces.
3. I prefer how old Tibbers was tubby and more teddybear like, as opposed to being shaped more like an actual bear.
4. Her shield is definitely strange, but maybe it'll just take some getting used to.
5. I really miss the bear backpack in her classic skin, why change it?

I have to say though, that I am in LOVE with the Goth Annie skin! The colors are absolutely amazing! I'm sad that it isn't available to purchase as a single skin