[Petition] New Jax Jungle guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFERx

10-20-2010

I like playing Jax, but I dont like his laning phase as I find it hard to kill creeps without being harrased by ranged champs.

I know that some people jungle with Jax, so I am asking for some tips/guide on how to do it now that Jax has been reworked.

Where to start? masteries? runes? spells? items? or any tip would be welcomed.

Any help would be very appreciated and it may help other players as well.

Thx in advance

DrDragun

10-20-2010

I did a few games with him jungling, the usual 1/18/11 or 0/17/13 Masteries and the traditional dodge yellow / health purple / arpen red / MR blue runes. Also the traditional cloth armor + 5 hp pot starting items. First skill his counter stun. It worked reasonably well although he is somewhat slow. Items I would still take Tabi/Rageblade and possibly Malady and/or Abyssal Scepter. I'm not a huge Jax fan though, his role in the game is pretty awkward.

xFERx

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
I did a few games with him jungling, the usual 1/18/11 or 0/17/13 Masteries and the traditional dodge yellow / health purple / arpen red / MR blue runes. Also the traditional cloth armor + 5 hp pot starting items. First skill his counter stun. It worked reasonably well although he is somewhat slow. Items I would still take Tabi/Rageblade and possibly Malady and/or Abyssal Scepter. I'm not a huge Jax fan though, his role in the game is pretty awkward.
You start @ golem or do you start at smaller creeps?

DrDragun

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFERx View Post
You start @ golem or do you start at smaller creeps?
I probably don't have enough experience to really recommend a good route. I started golem a few games but this is dangerous and I was pretty low health and gankable if the enemy team wanted to. I started 1 game at enemy wraiths, then my wraiths, then wolves, then blue, which seemed to work but required mana pot. I think I had to pill after blue, don't really remember.

SAT Prep

10-20-2010

Want videos? YOUTUBE!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnBND5pg9kg

xFERx

10-21-2010

So, yesterday I tried jungling with Jax and it is actually very easy.
You can get blue buff down with half of your hp using only one pot.

I think it is a good choice for Jax, cause hes laning is bad and if your team doesnt have a jungler you should go for it. Your team gets another solo lane and you can gank with red buff at lvl 4.

If someone wants more specifics of my jungle run feel free to ask.

Mightbegod

10-21-2010

Now that they basically doubled the damage of his empower, he should be a more effective jungler I would think.

DrDragun

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFERx View Post
If someone wants more specifics of my jungle run feel free to ask.
May as well. Since I tried a few different builds and routes it would be good to hear what worked for you. When I started on blue I got to pretty low health, but maybe I was getting unlucky with dodges. Not as bad as Amumu, but still kinda low.

xFERx

10-21-2010

I did this run 4 times yesterday and never got lower than half hp after golem.

Masteries:
1/21/8 Getting dodge and less damage from minions. A point in smite

Runes:
Red = Ar.Pen
Yellow = Dodge
Blue = Attck Speed (This can be changed)
Purple = Flat HP

Spells:
Smite and Ghost

Items:
Started with cloth and 5 hp pots.

Jungle:
Lvl Counter Strike first and went to Golem. He goes down fairly easy, used smite on him, pop a pot and used counter strike stun as it procd.(make sure CS stun hits all targets)
After this went to wolves, then wraiths, then little golems. Keep poping pots as you feel you need them. You lvl empower in the next 2 lvls and empower CS whenever they are up.
Depending on my hp I would go for Lizard, but usually just killed the little ones, then blue pilled.
I got boots and some more hp pots and a ward.
You go back to Lizard get red buff and go for first gank. Remember to lvl Leap strike at lvl 4 for easier gank.
For the gank I used ghost but do not started with leap strike because they usually flash or run and then I leap strike to catch and red buff to slow.
The rest is up to you as it gets really easy to jungle after this.

Edit:
If you have blue buff you can solo Dragon @ lvl 7 just make sure you are not low on hp cause at the end of the battle I left with like 1/4 of my health.

ZallKlos

10-21-2010

I hate his jungle. Counterstrike is too random.

1 time, I had 4 procs during elder golem. Another time, had 5 procs during whole jungle. Had to blue pill and return to do lizard.