How to stop Kog'Maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QNecron

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOrby View Post
guys, you are not answering the question...

Dont look for answers in other champions. Look at what a tank has in hand.

Summoners spells, masteries?, runes?, an item that maybe is being unseen.

Im not even asking for the possibility of killing him, im trying to find a solution to...i dont know... hold 10 seconds instead of 4? (and 4 seconds is just by kog hitting me)
Well, then.

Summoner Spells: Exhaust + Flash/Ghost
Masteries: x/16/x (just enough to get 4 ranks in Veteran Scars)
Runes: Dodge Seals + MR Glyphs
Items: Negatron Cloak + Aegis + Mercs or Ninja (depends on how much CC)

To be honest as a tank you are probably not the best person to shutdown Kog as most will always kite in the far back usually out of your range and wait for the initiation. You really need someone on your team to stop them, someone that can disable/hit them hard and get out.

Korbonc

10-20-2010

ban him

Cyrad

10-20-2010

If your team's carries aren't killing kog'maw in those 4 seconds, then your team is failing you.

If you want to play as a tank, but worry about Kog'Maw, get a hardcore CC champion to disable him. Another option is using items that reduce attack speed, like Frozen Heart, Warden's Mail, and Raduin's Omen. My friend likes to stack Warden's Mails when there's a fed DPS carry.

Trame

10-20-2010

Also Malphite is a ridiculously good AD Kog counter in my experience (although you wouldn't necessarily think it since Malphite is typically better against people who do phys damage than magic damage)

Ult on him when he starts BAB to waste his time and make him vulnerable to your entire team, follow up with ground slam to lower his ASPD for if he stays to fight and seismic shard for if he tries to run, if your team can't kill him before he does any significant damage under these conditions then his team is pretty much just outplaying yours

If you have Randuin's you also get to immediately follow up your 2 second stun on kog with 2+ seconds of -aspd and -MS, stacking with your ground slam and seismic shard

Keep in mind Kog has no escape ability

Shwab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Wanna know how to stop a kog maw? you freaking target him >.> hes insanely squishy

Nyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trame View Post
Also Malphite is a ridiculously good AD Kog counter in my experience (although you wouldn't necessarily think it since Malphite is typically better against people who do phys damage than magic damage)

Ult on him when he starts BAB to waste his time and make him vulnerable to your entire team, follow up with ground slam to lower his ASPD for if he stays to fight and seismic shard for if he tries to run, if your team can't kill him before he does any significant damage under these conditions then his team is pretty much just outplaying yours

If you have Randuin's you also get to immediately follow up your 2 second stun on kog with 2+ seconds of -aspd and -MS, stacking with your ground slam and seismic shard

Keep in mind Kog has no escape ability

<3 malphite. One of the three tanks that I will only play.
Malphite makes for a really nasty auto attack carry disabler. He can stun, slow attack speed by a ridiculous amount, and slow them when they try to escape. I always love it when people pop ghost around me. Just hit em with a shard and catch up to kill em.

Netheryn

10-20-2010

Kog has no escape ability. Cleanse, Flash, and Ghost are apparently blocked for him.

Also..his range gives him no buffer at all for champs to stop him. You practically have to get right up next to people to even hurt them.

*rolls eyes*

The only reliable way I've found to beat Kog is to starve him for gold, and end the game before he gets gear. Otherwise you are screwed.

A late-game amumu and Kog team is GG. Win by 25 or give it up.

Bordellimies

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjah View Post
he has to get in range to do damage, just assign a carry on him whenever he tries to do damage
Funny thing is, he has quite long range.

delima05

10-20-2010

MR???? you meam armor, good kog maw players go damage not AP, that COULD be your problem. i havent e ven played with a kog that went magic.

Nyst

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by delima05 View Post
MR???? you meam armor, good kog maw players go damage not AP, that COULD be your problem. i havent e ven played with a kog that went magic.

lol...
madred's and his +range ability both deal magic damage. MR lowers the amount he does, so instead of dealing a whole 10% of your hp every hit, he deals 4-6%.