How to stop Kog'Maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrOrby

10-20-2010

guys, you are not answering the question...

Dont look for answers in other champions. Look at what a tank has in hand.

Summoners spells, masteries?, runes?, an item that maybe is being unseen.

Im not even asking for the possibility of killing him, im trying to find a solution to...i dont know... hold 10 seconds instead of 4? (and 4 seconds is just by kog hitting me)

Mr D

10-20-2010

kassadin

Yui Hirasawax

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOrby View Post

Im not even asking for the possibility of killing him, im trying to find a solution to...i dont know... hold 10 seconds instead of 4? (and 4 seconds is just by kog hitting me)
I will answer your question since everybody is idiotic and doesnt...

The kog you played against had a madreds and his W I assume... It deals damage % of your HP which in otherwards you must have stacked HP

There is no other way that you could have survived more then 4 seconds, One way could have been shutting him down early game and refusing him to have his red buff so he could go on a rampage

ThanksALatte

10-20-2010

You might as well ask how to survive as an ap caster against veigar. Exhaust and he can't hit you. That's the best advice that can really be given

MrOrby

10-20-2010

yes, he does have Madreds (as almost every kog gets)... i specified that in my 1st post

but both his skill and madreds deal MAGIC damage. As galio i have lots of MR, shouldnt i mitigate, at least, a couple % of that damage? (and as galio im no stacking hp, i go as far as 2,5k hp aprox)

Unr3alAnGeR

10-20-2010

Kog counters tanks. You cannot itemize to completely counter him.

Pick Kassadin/Akali/Olaf/Poppy or some other kind of anti-carry who can get in without being shutdown by his guards, rip him apart in 2 seconds, and profit.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Quote:

But your question is kind of silly. You're asking how to beat/counter a tank-killing champion as a tank.

This is in the same vein as if I asked, how do I beat/counter a Xin Zhao with, say, Miss Fortune. Or if I'm a squishy assassin like Akali, how do I beat a competent burst mage with an oracle elixir from burning me down in one combo.

Kog'Maw excels at killing tanks, though that 10% thing is a myth unless he's a got a lot of Mpen, or you have negligible MR. Should be more like 5-6% at most assuming you have 100+ MR AFTER his MR is taken into consideration.

When he glows red to use BAB, back off him unless your team is ready to rearrange his internal organs for you. If he focuses you in a teamfight, tell your team to take him out first (which they should be doing), and if you're Galio, throwing a rank 5 Bulwark on yourself on top of your tanky items should defend you pretty well.

Trame

10-20-2010

Quote:
I was talking to a friend of mine, we both like playing a tanky char and we were discussing how to stop kog maw from melting us in 4 seconds.

I play Galio, he plays mundo.

He was saying that He buys FoN and Thornmail against him, but he couldnt stand his attacks for more than 3 or 4 seconds

We checked the spell and madreds in leaguecraft to see if it was magic or physical damage, and BOTH are magic damage...

Nevertheless, I am, as galio, also totally melted against kog maw attacks even if i have 300-400 MR.

Is there anything to be done besides crying for a dps to take care of him ASAP or using all my skills/summoner spells to get the hell out of there???

How much MR do i need to stack to mitigate his combo? (btw, is pretty lame that everything kog needs is to level up 1 skill and buy 1 item and he will be doing 10% of target's maximo health per hit)

Is this a QQ thread? maybe, but im more focused on what i could do against him instead of demanding a nerf...
400 MR = you take 80% reduced magic damage

=> with BAB+madred's kog does (after mitigation) 2% of your HP in magic damage per hit

=> with max aspd kog is doing 5% of your HP in magic damage per second

=> it will take kog 20 seconds straight of shooting at you to kill you with magic damage. If kog is "melting" you with 400 MR it's probably phys damage doing most of the work (maybe he bought an IE), try getting some armor. Warden's mail/randuin's is especially nice vs. kog (as opposed to, say, thornmail) because even if he's not doing much phys damage you still have a good chance to lower his aspd significantly (and therefore his damage output, since BAB+madred's is heavily dependent on aspd) if he starts shooting at you. Obviously there's frozen heart too but warden's mail only costs 1.4k whereas frozen heart costs 3k.

Leohan

10-20-2010

Like most squishy carries, they need to be well supported by their team to their job effectively. If your team focuses Kog immediately in all fights, he'll be dead in seconds. Make him your top priority and CC him as much as possible. Worst comes to worst, pack an exhaust.

WarlordLucifer

10-20-2010

ITT tank trying to counter the anti-tank....wat?