Rewarding Those Who Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Netheryn

10-20-2010

The problem with this is that a lot of time score doesn't reflect your actual contribution to the team. Using the stats to assign these badges will lead to all sorts of problems.

I've been in games where I played the tank and ended up 1/7/? because after I initiate I died. My team went on to win, and wouldn't have without my initiation, but my score doesn't reflect that.

I sometimes run a tag-team with my buddy who plays akali. If we're hot, he'll end up 15/2/? and I'll end up 1/8/20. Who was the hero here? Score says him, but if you ask him it's my stun and up-front burst that allows him to destroy a target. He disappears into stealth and I tank the damage, sometimes to death. But that may allow him another kill or two in the mean-time.

So automatically assigning this is bad.

But what about team votes? Well...I'm sure we've all played with teams that sucked and thought YOU were the problem. You really want to give these idiots control over kudos?

Not I. I'm already stuck in ELO hell...giving those imps something else to beat me with is just sadistic.

j j

10-20-2010

no

Krathalos

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodmoonSonata View Post
Yep, fake story.
****, you got fed in a 5v4 and lost it.

You deserve a reward for doing what happens to everyone in a 5v4 situation.

Your team has the advantage early game in a 5v4 (higher levels due to extra solo lane), so it's not rare to get fed in a 5v4 early on when ganking a lone champ or two is priority. The enemy team will almost always win later in the game unless they're horribad.

dutin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

How do you propose they would recognize a carry? Just because your score is 20-0-0 doesn't mean ****. Killing 2 people and leaving your team to dry is the same as killing 2 people and stay in stats. No one ever knows, that's why stats don't mean anything.

FDru

10-20-2010

You picked an OP champ
You bought a mejais
You ran away from teamfights so you didn't lose stacks
Your teammates racked up deaths while you ran away in a blood puddle
You came back to snipe KBs
Once you had full stacks you cleaned up
Since you allowed your team to die so much, you lost to a superfed enemy team
You think you deserve some kind of special recognition, when in fact you failed

tl;dr - you failed

SgtSmoke21

10-20-2010

Quote:
I completely disagree with you.
Surely, you've played every class of champion available on LoL.
You know which champs are typically capable of supporting, which champs are capable of killing, and which are capable of tanking.
I only used my most recent game as an example. I'm NOT throwing myself out there as a superstar. I've had horrible games, and felt pretty bad for those who carried me.
I still think THEY shouldn't have had to walk away with sub-par rewards because of MY terrible game play.
1. My point is that determining an mvp for the losing team based of KDA is bad. You might as well base the mvp off of lowest ping or RNG. Using KDA is just as innaccurate.

You never played games with a Twitch who refuses to team fight and just farms all day? He sees a a 5v5 teamfight brewing and he pops on stealth to go run away and farm somewhere safe. He runs back in only when he sees us 4v2. He maintains a 15-0-10 score and refuses to defend inhibs because it might put him in harms way. He doesn't call mia, he doesn't help with dragon, he doesn't buy a single ward.

The idea of that guy getting an award even once is a greater injustice than 10 guys who actually do their jobs correctly and get nothing but another loss.

2. I still think adding more e-peen stroking elements leads to arrogance/selfishness. This is, I believe, the root of low elo hell.

Ham summons ham

10-20-2010

Quote:
Badges are great. They represent in-game accomplishments, and are displayed on profiles for the eyes of those who take the time to review them.
However, is there any possible way to begin rewarding those who carry a team entirely?
Over the past several months, it's become increasingly more frustrating to join Solo matches, carry a team, and still lose.
For instance: I just went 17/3/7 with Vlad. 30 minutes into the game, I had 17 stacks on my Mejai's, and no deaths. Within the next 10 minutes, I died three times, and lost a significant number of those stacks. My team consisted of a 1/3/6 Leaver Teemo, a 0/8/4 Blitzcrank, and two others who failed to so much as break even.
We lost.
To go 17/3/7 and walk away with 70 IP after 40 minutes of giving it my best is frustrating.
I'm sure there are others who feel the same.
Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Speak your minds, I know Riot does a good job reading the forums and taking new ideas into consideration.

Thanks everyone!
this is why i don't play tanks. the last time i played shen i got 18 deaths because every time they got in trouble pushing with our inhibitors still down while i was defending i ulti-ed and aoe taunted them. and the ****ing morgana says i suck and some ****. stop ****ing focusing on kds, i've went 15/3/5 before and still lost because my whole team left, which was wtf. there is no real way to measure which is the best player unless you watch the **** match, which riot obviously can't do.

however i agree that if there are leavers then yeah the losing team should get more ip and xp

tl;dr no way dude stop being ******ed gtfo if you think kds mean everything

Arekhon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

As most of the people before me have stated K/D ratio is a dangerous way to measure contribution. The main reason is replied is to ask: Where's my badge for playing the Sonas of the game?

*******http://i51.tinypic.com/312jjq0.jpg********

delima05

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foffy123 View Post
This is a team game, not a game like HoN where one person can **** **** up. You need your team to win, no doubt about that.
couldn't say it better myself. but badges and rewards trohpys..that whole deal, is an alright idea and adds a little spice, doesnt make the actual gameplay better though

Ham summons ham

10-20-2010

add badges and you will get more twitches who like good kdas and to farm when team fights are going on, more *******s who stand in the brush til everyone is in low health then drop off everyone, more tanks who don't want to tank, and more karthuses who wait for the whole ****ing team fight to end before ulti-ing to get pentakills.