Rewarding Those Who Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MisterAnderson

10-20-2010

Rewarding those who tank

Mojobechi

10-20-2010

I dont' think a lot of people read it completely - nor do I think your title does your post justice. From what I am understanding; he's not saying that a pro team carrier should get extra stuff or tank/support classes aren't important he's talking about when someone does really well but their team still loses (because of high deaths, leavers, afk) then the person who did well should get some type of reward.

I kind of agree with him. I feel like that losing teams should have a MVP - someone who meets and exceeds a predetermined score. The MVP should receive a lil extra IP and maybe even no ELO loss in ranked (this may help the average skilled player move up from the "ELO hell" and encourage people to keep trying even when losing).

BloodmoonSonata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaProzac View Post
actually, I never fully assumed as such, I simply said his score is better as 0/8/4 then 4/8/0, I can't know if he fed or not so I never said he was an amazing tank, just that his score at least better reflects what a tank's score should look like, intentional or not.
You're still assuming he played as a tank build. His items were entirely AP.
That's not the point, though.
Leavers are not punished severely enough.
Those who say tanks don't get enough credit, I'm aware of that, as well. I play tanks. Singed is one of them, probably my second favorite champ to play, and while I still normally walk away positive, there are those games where I spent more time dying because I had to initiate and tank where no one else could.
I understand those points.
I just saw another post where someone was complaining (and rightly so) about the Solo Qeue ELO standards.
Getting stuck with level 25-29 with maybe 100 wins and not nearly as much experience, when you're level 30 with 300+ wins and Platinum/Gold badges is frustrating.
This correlates nicely with my post, I think.

Deathnor

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodmoonSonata View Post
Badges are great. They represent in-game accomplishments, and are displayed on profiles for the eyes of those who take the time to review them.
However, is there any possible way to begin rewarding those who carry a team entirely?
Over the past several months, it's become increasingly more frustrating to join Solo matches, carry a team, and still lose.
For instance: I just went 17/3/7 with Vlad. 30 minutes into the game, I had 17 stacks on my Mejai's, and no deaths. Within the next 10 minutes, I died three times, and lost a significant number of those stacks. My team consisted of a 1/3/6 Leaver Teemo, a 0/8/4 Blitzcrank, and two others who failed to so much as break even.
We lost.
To go 17/3/7 and walk away with 70 IP after 40 minutes of giving it my best is frustrating.
I'm sure there are others who feel the same.
Thoughts?
Suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
i agree with the others. u want a kill center reward. horrid idea. tanks never BREAK EVEN. well if they play it right. and support never break even cause thier all assists if they play right.

so u want buff for 3/5 maybe 2/5 of a team. depends on comp if u got a OT or a double support with a tanky team.

horrid idea.
Speak your minds, I know Riot does a good job reading the forums and taking new ideas into consideration.

how the hell u can go at worst 5/0/7 and then die 3 times is beyond me. thats a 17 stack mej with 0 deaths in best case. in worst it works out with 7/0/3 if u were mostly KBs. either way your gear advantage on vlad of all champs intrigues me. cause either way were talking a 3000ish gold increase at lower end. over any enemy even with all 6 kills on temmo im not sure how they could kill u.

so im guessing u thought even with a tank mage ill go 1st ill tank and died and lost dear god 17 by 3 by 3 by 3, well a lot of HP. realy i think all your #s are made up they dont fit unless you play with full on handicaped.doesnt fit it happens yes but i dont buy your story more then the next guy claiming he went 2 on 5 cause it 1 in millions.

BloodmoonSonata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobechi View Post
I dont' think a lot of people read it completely - nor do I think your title does your post justice. From what I am understanding; he's not saying that a pro team carrier should get extra stuff or tank/support classes aren't important he's talking about when someone does really well but their team still loses (because of high deaths, leavers, afk) then the person who did well should get some type of reward.

I kind of agree with him. I feel like that losing teams should have a MVP - someone who meets and exceeds a predetermined score. The MVP should receive a lil extra IP and maybe even no ELO loss in ranked (this may help the average skilled player move up from the "ELO hell" and encourage people to keep trying even when losing).
You hit the nail on the head! Thanks for reading, and understanding the apparently subliminal message.
Thumbs up!

BloodmoonSonata

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnor View Post
i agree with the others. u want a kill center reward. horrid idea. tanks never BREAK EVEN. well if they play it right. and support never break even cause thier all assists if they play right.

so u want buff for 3/5 maybe 2/5 of a team. depends on comp if u got a OT or a double support with a tanky team.

horrid idea.
Speak your minds, I know Riot does a good job reading the forums and taking new ideas into consideration.

how the hell u can go at worst 5/0/7 and then die 3 times is beyond me. thats a 17 stack mej with 0 deaths in best case. in worst it works out with 7/0/3 if u were mostly KBs. either way your gear advantage on vlad of all champs intrigues me. cause either way were talking a 3000ish gold increase at lower end. over any enemy even with all 6 kills on temmo im not sure how they could kill u.

so im guessing u thought even with a tank mage ill go 1st ill tank and died and lost dear god 17 by 3 by 3 by 3, well a lot of HP. realy i think all your #s are made up they dont fit unless you play with full on handicaped.doesnt fit it happens yes but i dont buy your story more then the next guy claiming he went 2 on 5 cause it 1 in millions.
S/S coming up!

Krathalos

10-20-2010

Most of the time you wouldn't be carrying without the tank who's 2/5/26. Don't you think they should receive a badge as well? This isn't CoD, you're not rewarded with medals or anything with more kills.

SgtSmoke21

10-20-2010

K/D/A does not automatically mean you carried.

Kills are awarded to the person who made the last hit on a champ, not whoever did the most dmg, CC'd the enemy, soaked dmg, or put wards down which led to the kill.

Low deaths don't always mean you're carrying the team. You could spend all day farming and leaving your team to 4v5. I've seen tons of tanks lead the team in deaths but if anything, they are the ones who deserve an award.

Assists. Probably the best indicator out of the 3 categories that denotes you contributed since it means you were at least present in a fight. Just by getting assists, you are in essense farming bonus gold for you/your team. But then again, gold doesn't always mean you carried a team.

I really don't see the need to add another element of e-peen stroking. This tends to lead to selfish/arrogant gameplay. This, I believe, is the root of low elo hell.

BloodmoonSonata

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnor View Post

horrid idea.

Yep, fake story.

BloodmoonSonata

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSmoke21 View Post
K/D/A does not automatically mean you carried.

Kills are awarded to the person who made the last hit on a champ, not whoever did the most dmg, CC'd the enemy, soaked dmg, or put wards down which led to the kill.

Low deaths don't always mean you're carrying the team. You could spend all day farming and leaving your team to 4v5. I've seen tons of tanks lead the team in deaths but if anything, they are the ones who deserve an award.

Assists. Probably the best indicator out of the 3 categories that denotes you contributed since it means you were at least present in a fight. Just by getting assists, you are in essense farming bonus gold for you/your team. But then again, gold doesn't always mean you carried a team.

I really don't see the need to add another element of e-peen stroking. This tends to lead to selfish/arrogant gameplay. This, I believe, is the root of low elo hell.
I completely disagree with you.
Surely, you've played every class of champion available on LoL.
You know which champs are typically capable of supporting, which champs are capable of killing, and which are capable of tanking.
I only used my most recent game as an example. I'm NOT throwing myself out there as a superstar. I've had horrible games, and felt pretty bad for those who carried me.
I still think THEY shouldn't have had to walk away with sub-par rewards because of MY terrible game play.