Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Rewarding Those Who Carry

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodmoonSonata

Member

10-20-2010

Badges are great. They represent in-game accomplishments, and are displayed on profiles for the eyes of those who take the time to review them.
However, is there any possible way to begin rewarding those who carry a team entirely?
Over the past several months, it's become increasingly more frustrating to join Solo matches, carry a team, and still lose.
For instance: I just went 17/3/7 with Vlad. 30 minutes into the game, I had 17 stacks on my Mejai's, and no deaths. Within the next 10 minutes, I died three times, and lost a significant number of those stacks. My team consisted of a 1/3/6 Leaver Teemo, a 0/8/4 Blitzcrank, and two others who failed to so much as break even.
We lost.
To go 17/3/7 and walk away with 70 IP after 40 minutes of giving it my best is frustrating.
I'm sure there are others who feel the same.
Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Speak your minds, I know Riot does a good job reading the forums and taking new ideas into consideration.

Thanks everyone!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foffy123

Senior Member

10-20-2010

Quote:
BloodmoonSonata:
Badges are great. They represent in-game accomplishments, and are displayed on profiles for the eyes of those who take the time to review them.
However, is there any possible way to begin rewarding those who carry a team entirely?
Over the past several months, it's become increasingly more frustrating to join Solo matches, carry a team, and still lose.
For instance: I just went 17/3/7 with Vlad. 30 minutes into the game, I had 17 stacks on my Mejai's, and no deaths. Within the next 10 minutes, I died three times, and lost a significant number of those stacks. My team consisted of a 1/3/6 Leaver Teemo, a 0/8/4 Blitzcrank, and two others who failed to so much as break even.
We lost.
To go 17/3/7 and walk away with 70 IP after 40 minutes of giving it my best is frustrating.
I'm sure there are others who feel the same.
Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Speak your minds, I know Riot does a good job reading the forums and taking new ideas into consideration.

Thanks everyone!

This is a team game, not a game like HoN where one person can **** **** up. You need your team to win, no doubt about that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhetorical Hippo

Senior Member

10-20-2010

I am a little disappointed with your consideration for tanks and support heroes. You're going to refuse to reward others? You can't honestly tell me it's fair the way you envision it...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prisonal

Senior Member

10-20-2010

How bout a badge for every time I initiate and a carry sits by and watches me become fodder to the enemy team?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CQReborn

Senior Member

10-20-2010

For every 1 game where the carry wins the game, there are probably 5 where the tank sets up everything perfectly and gets nothing but insults because he has few kills, many deaths, and twice as many assists as anybody else on the team. In the event you lose it was the tank's fault, if you win it was the pro carry.

So, once tanks start getting the credit they deserve we can start making badges or something for people who carry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PapaProzac

Senior Member

10-20-2010

Quote:
BloodmoonSonata:
Badges are great. They represent in-game accomplishments, and are displayed on profiles for the eyes of those who take the time to review them.
However, is there any possible way to begin rewarding those who carry a team entirely?
Over the past several months, it's become increasingly more frustrating to join Solo matches, carry a team, and still lose.
For instance: I just went 17/3/7 with Vlad. 30 minutes into the game, I had 17 stacks on my Mejai's, and no deaths. Within the next 10 minutes, I died three times, and lost a significant number of those stacks. My team consisted of a 1/3/6 Leaver Teemo, a 0/8/4 Blitzcrank, and two others who failed to so much as break even.
We lost.
To go 17/3/7 and walk away with 70 IP after 40 minutes of giving it my best is frustrating.
I'm sure there are others who feel the same.
Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Speak your minds, I know Riot does a good job reading the forums and taking new ideas into consideration.

Thanks everyone!


See, this is the major problem with solo queue, everyone wants too carry and thinks their pro xx/0/x score is amazing, but really tanks get no credit for the help, for example I'm not saying your blitzcrank was great, but a 0/8/4 blitz is better than a 4/8/0 blitz because at least he's allowing hopefully the carry's too get the kills.

TL; DR it's a team game, stop thinking your score matters if you lose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodmoonSonata

Member

10-20-2010

Quote:
PrisonSex:
How bout a badge for every time I initiate and a carry sits by and watches me become fodder to the enemy team?


My 2nd in Command is Singed. I know how you feel. *Ghost, Ult, Fling,*..... "Where's my team? Oh, they decided to turn around after I initiated..."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodmoonSonata

Member

10-20-2010

Quote:
PapaProzac:
See, this is the major problem with solo queue, everyone wants too carry and thinks their pro xx/0/x score is amazing, but really tanks get no credit for the help, for example I'm not saying your blitzcrank was great, but a 0/8/4 blitz is better than a 4/8/0 blitz because at least he's allowing hopefully the carry's too get the kills.

TL; DR it's a team game, stop thinking your score matters if you lose.


You're assuming he was playing as a tank.
You're also assuming he was participating entirely in Team Fights.
Assists are also given for any damage done to an enemy champ who is then terminated by another team mate.
He could have tickled an opponent, and still received an Assist for it.
That being the case, I still had more Assists than he did, so your point regarding the scenario I've given is kinda moot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodmoonSonata

Member

10-20-2010

Quote:
Foffy123:
This is a team game, not a game like HoN where one person can **** **** up. You need your team to win, no doubt about that.


So when you ask your team to stop jungling or trying to solo push a turret while a Team Fight is happening on the opposite side of the map, and they refuse to listen, they're definitely participating in a team game?
Got it!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PapaProzac

Senior Member

10-20-2010

Quote:
BloodmoonSonata:
You're assuming he was playing as a tank.
You're also assuming he was participating entirely in Team Fights.
Assists are also given for any damage done to an enemy champ who is then terminated by another team mate.
He could have tickled an opponent, and still received an Assist for it.
That being the case, I still had more Assists than he did, so your point regarding the scenario I've given is kinda moot.


actually, I never fully assumed as such, I simply said his score is better as 0/8/4 then 4/8/0, I can't know if he fed or not so I never said he was an amazing tank, just that his score at least better reflects what a tank's score should look like, intentional or not.


123