Welcome Back Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

President Ritsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Anyone notice that laning, jungling and farming are all harder than ever now that Empower doesn't AoE?

I think his biggest problem right now is that with Empower requiring levels to reduce CD, now I don't know what order to level skills in.

SoIo Wing

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGrip View Post
I don't feel like he's overpowered quite yet. But he's back to super carry mode again.....

Remember back in the day --- team comps were built around keeping jax alive? Zilean, Kayle, Janna, etc.

He would just carry the entire team solo. Just because -- all he needed was the shields/ult skills of the team + banshee. Due to his dodge/counterstrike stun - he could rape all of the melee champions. Any squishies would just got face melted.

I think we might be back to those days again.
I dont think thats possible for jax with the current "metagame" consisting of morgana, amumu, mf, galio etc

RE Bantos

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordLucifer View Post
Even assuming he is indeed OP now, I think he would deserve at least a year in OP status for how much he sucked and how most people even forgot he even existed in the past.

WB jax.
He's still far inferior to Xin. There's still no reason to have Jax over any melee off-tank champ.

Kazeikan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

He can do "burst" damage now so much easier.
Empower, Sheen, RA, Full stack of RB. Taking squishies health down to half health at lvl 6 is just hilarious.

Also, his farming is just much more better now and his harass. Empower resets his auto attack.

Attack -> Turn on Empower right after auto attack

Deals so much damage in such a short time.

Also added with Auto attack creep once -> Leap -> Sheen -> Auto attack -> Empower right after auto attack -> win.

Malak al Maut

10-20-2010

He's Melee.

iMilkPuffs

10-20-2010

His ult carries onto other targets. Which makes things pretty awesome.

Welcome back, guy with lamp post.

hunkfish

10-20-2010

cant you guys see the trend of current new champs , AOEs, AOEs, AOEs
aoe> single
yes now jax has a mega single nuke, with or without he is still a single target great attacker, that didn't change the fact that he will die to the rest of the enemy team....

lux, mf, vlad and galio ult still owns

Krathalos

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeikan View Post
He can do "burst" damage now so much easier.
Empower, Sheen, RA, Full stack of RB. Taking squishies health down to half health at lvl 6 is just hilarious.

Also, his farming is just much more better now and his harass. Empower resets his auto attack.

Attack -> Turn on Empower right after auto attack

Deals so much damage in such a short time.

Also added with Auto attack creep once -> Leap -> Sheen -> Auto attack -> Empower right after auto attack -> win.
His farming is in no way better now. He used to clear minion waves just with Empower and Counter Strike. Now he has to spam Counter Strike for AoE and take one at a time with Empower. This is late game, because doing this early game would drain your mana.

Honestly I feel like he should just jungle now. Jungle Jax is pretty good.

Kazeikan

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krathalos View Post
His farming is in no way better now. He used to clear minion waves just with Empower and Counter Strike. Now he has to spam Counter Strike for AoE and take one at a time with Empower. This is late game, because doing this early game would drain your mana.

Honestly I feel like he should just jungle now. Jungle Jax is pretty good.
I should reilliterate what i meant.

Last hitting is much more of a breeze now that empower resets auto attacks.

Shouldn't be pushing lanes hard unless ur free farming past level 6.

Blink18260

10-20-2010

agree with bantos.

metagame keeps jax in check. he might be boss if we went back to pushing, since he makes a great ganker/solo destroyer now. put a hextech gunbalde on so he lifesteals even on his special attacks and he wont die. ever.

against one dude that is. and to prevent mad disables from say, ryze, just pack a cleanse or buy a quicksilver sash. now you can solo rape any hero on the map.