Punish spam increasing accuracy? Doubtful.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rampant ldiocy

01-16-2013

I have punished just about 1000 consecutive cases on one of my accounts with 80.1% accuracy. If one's accuracy is below 80% normally then one can raise that accuracy by simply spamming Punish.

Xianio

01-16-2013

Quote:
The thing is that there will be some days where maybe 19/20 cases are punishable. Rarely the other way around
That's because every Tribunal case has already been put through a filter before they reach it. The "reported in over 15% of your games" weeds out most of the pardons before they would reach the tribunal.

That's why you don't see pardonable cases all that often. If Riot has done a decent job you should NEVER see the reverse, 19/20 pardons.

Fudouri

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant ldiocy View Post
I have punished just about 1000 consecutive cases on one of my accounts with 80.1% accuracy. If one's accuracy is below 80% normally then one can raise that accuracy by simply spamming Punish.
Despite from a troll...TRUE!

raynac

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nerdy Fat Kid View Post
cant tell if trolling or actually doesnt see whats wrong with this picture

SimplyAlive

01-17-2013

Quote:
But doesn't an 20% pardon rate clearly indicate that 'punish spam' does not exist as much as people claim it does?

If punishspammers had a significant influence on the Tribunal, I doubt they would keep a 20% pardon rate.

Getsuei

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
But doesn't an 20% pardon rate clearly indicate that 'punish spam' does not exist as much as people claim it does?

If punishspammers had a significant influence on the Tribunal, I doubt they would keep a 20% pardon rate.
You responded to the forum troll, not the original Rampant =p

Fudouri

01-17-2013

Quote:

Not true!

Just as 20% pardon rate does not indicate that Tribunal punishes too much, it also doesn't indicate Tribunal punishes too little.

It is a number without context! And so...means nothing.

Rampant ldiocy

01-17-2013

Quote:

You realize that there isn't one set sample of judges voting on every case, right? I mean, when we talk about the Tribunal here, I generally assume that most people (and the apologists in particular) at least have a fundamental understanding of how the system works.

If punish spammers exist (they do--I'm one of them) then the extent to which they influence the global punish rate of the system will be in proportion to the number and activity of the spammers. It has been stated by Riot and can be mathematically shown that Tribunal cases are sometimes decided by as few as 20 people. Assuming that the selection of judges is random, even one punish spammer can have a significant affect on the outcome of a case, particularly when that case is close to a 50/50 split. In chance situations where multiple punish spammers end up on the same jury this effect will be much more pronounced.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
You realize that there isn't one set sample of judges voting on every case, right? I mean, when we talk about the Tribunal here, I generally assume that most people (and the apologists in particular) at least have a fundamental understanding of how the system works.

If punish spammers exist (they do--I'm one of them) then the extent to which they influence the global punish rate of the system will be in proportion to the number and activity of the spammers. It has been stated by Riot and can be mathematically shown that Tribunal cases are sometimes decided by as few as 20 people. Assuming that the selection of judges is random, even one punish spammer can have a significant affect on the outcome of a case, particularly when that case is close to a 50/50 split. In chance situations where multiple punish spammers end up on the same jury this effect will be much more pronounced.
And if we are to believe that Riot really does have safeguards against mad kids like yourself, then those spammers votes don't really have much weight to throw into the pool. You may have 80% "accuracy", but do your votes actually mean anything in the case? Probably not. But because you did vote on the case, it will show up on your justice page.

inb4: get cancer, die slowly, idiot, carebear, blah blah, old cliche'd insult, etc...

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Riot in the past has stated that there are safeguards in place to prevent Punish spammers from having an impact on the system. I believe that there was a statement about obvious Pardons that are folded in to act as a sort of tripwire, although I'll have to go spelunking to find the quote.

123456 ... 7