Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Season 2 limited Champions in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mr share

"My friend said something that makes very little sense when you look at it from a gaming company's perspective, so I believed him."

If new champs weren't allowed in ranked for 2 weeks (until they were free for a week) then there would be very little point of them trying to make this game competitive. Also there would be a huge drop in sales of the bundles that come out when the champ would be released.

That's a very good point actually, especially the free after 2 weeks thing, I forgot about that.

In an interview posted on this site somewhere, a RIOT employee actually did say they were thinking about having a more limited roster of champs for season 2. One thing that I think might make them wary about that is how the metagame changing could affect the season play.