Season 2 limited Champions in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoDragonSlayer

10-20-2010

I heard from a friend that Riot is planning on cutting some of the Champions out from ranked play. Not sure if this is true or not, could a red confirm this? Anybody else know if this is legit or not? And if it is, what are your guys thoughts on it?

Zack1996

10-20-2010

As in perma-ban?

Expect troll bans by Riot (ie 10 random champions selected by flipping a 60-sided coin)

Gunflame

10-20-2010

I think new champions or reworks should get a 1 week ban from ranked games. Examples of these would be:
- Xin (first week out, and after he was toned down he should've gotten another week)
- Swain
- Lux
- Galio
- Jax (big rework)
- Heimer (2 turrets was a big rework for him).
- Evelynn

etc...

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
I think new champions or reworks should get a 1 week ban from ranked games. Examples of these would be:
- Xin (first week out, and after he was toned down he should've gotten another week)
- Swain
- Lux
- Galio
- Jax (big rework)
- Heimer (2 turrets was a big rework for him).
- Evelynn

etc...
Heimer plays exactly the same.

mr share

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00001110 View Post
Heimer plays exactly the same.
but otherwise he has a good point.

when season one hit I said to my friends that no new champions should be allowed in ranked play. a 2 week delay on new champs would probably be sufficient.

Zidane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

"My friend said something that makes very little sense when you look at it from a gaming company's perspective, so I believed him."

If new champs weren't allowed in ranked for 2 weeks (until they were free for a week) then there would be very little point of them trying to make this game competitive. Also there would be a huge drop in sales of the bundles that come out when the champ would be released.

delima05

10-20-2010

i dont think anyone should be banned, riot made these heros for a reason. let us play lol.. remakes, nerfs, and buffs..will be happening every patch to "try" and balance the game, its never prefect. but dont banned heros. if both teams can play that certian hero, then thats pretty even imo

Faeces

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoDragonSlayer View Post
I heard from a friend that Riot is planning on cutting some of the Champions out from ranked play. Not sure if this is true or not, could a red confirm this? Anybody else know if this is legit or not? And if it is, what are your guys thoughts on it?

pl0x partyPo , your friend lied to you .

Owl Simeon

10-20-2010

I don't think anyone gets a champ and plays them on same day they got them in ranked, new champions can wait a bit until they can be played in ranked games..

Hoax

10-20-2010

It would be a great idea if Riot locked the roster in ranked or at least had some kind of moratorium on new or heavily reworked champions in ranked play.

Do I think they are going to do that for Season 2? Nope.