Which champions should get minor tweaks for Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlofTwilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Just like in SR, there are champions more useful and others not so useful. The ones relying on minions shouldn't really be used on Dominion (of course, you can anyway) and buffing their capabilities with minions in Dominion would have a huge effect on them in SR since SR is based on farming. Dominion is more of a game based on multiple fights, minions only being there to push the fights in the circle to the points. The minion-relying champs, however, still have their benefits when the minion waves grow towards the points. We don't really need to change those champions. We need the changes more towards champions who have great utility on Dominion but aren't used often, such as Galio or Sejuani. Just a thought of mine.

BeefJerkyHunter

02-20-2013

How 'bout that Karma rework?
Why not just reduce the recharge time of Mantra by 33% or give the base abilities a reduced secondary effect and then super buff the effect with Mantra?

For Spirit Bond in particular, I think if Mantra is active, an AoE effect should happen around the target. The damage will be dealt to the target (if enemy) and enemies around the target, and then have an AoE slow/speed boost around that target. The chain will keep its current effect.

But this isn't the right place for this kind of suggestion and I remember making this suggestion way back when and having it swatted.

DrSleuthXIII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Explain. What bugs?
responsiveness and cast time.
This person lacks the context that this happens with lots of cc abilities. The more you play the more you become familiar with silly things like this.

There seems to be an offbalance on some abilities vs others when it comes to cc vs cc such as casseopeia ulting in defense to save herself from a signed flinging her. As soon as he's in range to be stunned, the cast time and the time it takes to actually stun her put her immobile just long enough for him to reach and fling her in spite of being stone before she's actually flung.
Also certain champion's abilities put them in awkward facing positions which was noted when you guys began fixing knockups/knockaways when you said that they were turning people etc. (or community noted, either way).

The point is that ability vs ability when cast at the same time or even before seems to be a slight discrepancy. Casseopeia's ult seems to have the QoL feel that Tristana's jump used to have, just doesn't feel like it should.
Some argue that the buggy responsiveness is what balances it, but I'd rather have an ult feel like it should 100% of the time than 75% of the time but when its works it works really well if you know what I mean.

Froppi

02-26-2013

There's been a lot of chatter about champions that are heavily dependent on minions for their kits. While this is a problem, I don't think the answer is to completely disable them. It does not mean that they are 100% useless and aren't fun to play. There are still situations in which they can be successful (say friends playing over Skype). It is not justification enough to disable champions solely because their kits are relatively more minion dependent (Swain's passive, Thresh's passive, etc). That approach is way too extreme.

However at the same time however I don't think there should be Dominion only patch notes, as I believe that this can lead to a slippery slope where a champion becomes completely different in SR than in Dominion.

I didn't say I had a solution, I'm just trying to portray the importance of a logical, balanced solution (if one exists), by stating all the facts before a final decision is made.

NB HeyYo0h

02-27-2013

lol

Fabs457

03-01-2013

It was such a tease thread :[

Roo99

03-03-2013

I think Cho'Gath and Nasus

DanielHB

03-04-2013

It's hard to play in Dominion, but i can play good, because i get the right champion

DanielHB

03-04-2013

Yes, i play very often Cho'Gath and Nasus.

DanielHB

03-04-2013

I have Dreaghtknight Nasus