Gangplank. The useless scourge (of your team)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBoxFox

10-20-2010

GP gives amazing laning control simply by the fact that he can make you fight closer to your turrets and just further avoid ganks. He also reduces the amount of experiences of opposing lane enemies considerably which makes a huge difference. Able to help with teamfights without even being close, being able to nuke down squishy carries easily. I personally think he is greatly underrated. Also my favorite 1v2 champion. 1v2 as Gangplank = automatic lategame godmode.

CampJR

10-20-2010

start running a trin force and an infinity edge and watch your crits hit for 1000-1500 with only 2 damage items

learn what builds work and stop following cookie cutter builds.

Kadzin

10-20-2010

I think that outleveling the other team by a level or 2 during the laning phase, being able to assists allies in any point of the map, healing himself for 380 and 1400 damage ranged crits when with correct items is nowhere near useless.

CampJR

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzin View Post
I think that outleveling the other team by a level or 2 during the laning phase, being able to assists allies in any point of the map, healing himself for 380 and 1400 damage ranged crits when with correct items is nowhere near useless.

run a trinity force and watch those crits happen back to back.

Bobahz

10-20-2010

Yeah, he is fine, has problems against Armor stacking champs tho, like... Garen
But a lil buff could be nice, prolly some form of soft CC.

TheBoxFox

10-20-2010

I think there has been suggestions about making Cannon Barrage land one big cannon ball at the start to deal some initial damage and slow on all affected targets. Would be a nice buff.

Krathalos

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrad View Post
I personally think Gangplank makes a good utility niche champion. Sometimes I like to get teleport and clairvoyance so i can always make sure a lane is defended. I do admit his ultimate's reliability is REALLY annoying at times. I once saw a slowed Master Yi with 50hp walk right through my ultimate and not a single cannonball hit him.

Rather, I think what a good GP does can only be appreciated by pre-made teammates, not randoms. Every pre-made I've ever been on GREATLY appreciated me as Gangplank, occasionally even to the point of begging me to play as him. One time, I stole the Baron Nashor when my team was losing, which gave us the victory.

What kind of build are you using? As soon as I get a BF sword and my first Phantom Dancer, I'm an unstoppable killing machine. In one game, I could take out a fed Akali that scared my allied Vladimir, an Amumu, an Anivia, and a Pantheon easily. The only one i couldn't take out was a Malzahar, but only because he was stacking armor and his silence lasts for ages.
I fail to see how GP could kill a fed Akali unless you were more fed or got lucky and crit every hit.

A fed Akali is very dangerous, and GP is extremely squishy, allowing Akali to insta-burst him down.

Bobahz

10-20-2010

Yeah fed Akali 1 vs 1 as GP... really hard even with oracle\ward.

WindowsVista

10-20-2010

GP is a situational hero. Get him in a lane versus a twitch 1v1, GP destroys Twitch.