Gangplank. The useless scourge (of your team)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApthyPrjkt

10-20-2010

So I personally think that Gangplank needs some serious love. I know he's not supposed to rape face, but he's hardly enough to even put a scare into people. His early game is good, and his mid game is alright, but by endgame he gets outshined by SO many of the other champions it's nonsense. He has 1 nuke. One. You're not reading that incorrectly. On top of being mediocre as a melee damage dealer, he has 1 thing to add damage on top of his normal attacks. I'm aware his E helps, but not enough to supplement another nuke. But my BIG QUARREL with Gangplank is his R. THIS IS THE MOST UNRELIABLE PIECE OF GARBAGE EVER. Some times I can get someone with 1/4 of their health down to nothing when they're on the edge of my ulti and other times I can put people who are 1 hit away in the middle and they walk out unscathed. What? Why is this the ONLY ultimate that is totally based on chance? Why can't it be like everyone elses that says if you're in this area, you're taking damage? I understand that it's mapwide, has a huge radius, and is instantly attacking, but the fact that it's random makes it unreliable, and it takes away A LOT of the usefulness of it. If this had a flat damage over time effect or a delayed instant nuke, then it would be reliable in catching runners, and giving GP the FEED HE NEEDS to keep up with other champions. Maybe I'm crazy and don't know what I'm talking about, but he's not in very many games for a reason. I feel like a ensured damage feature on his ultimate, would not only make him more useful in team fights, but in the laning stages as well as it can defend towers or assist a kill.

What do you guys think?

Vaiolet Green

10-20-2010

His ult gives your team control of an area for 6 seconds. Stop thinking of it as a damage move and use it as a zoning tool to control a team fight on your terms.

Chobimo

10-20-2010

I think most of the GP players I've seen should quit thinking they're doing their team a favor by farming for 40 minutes and ulting from the other side of the map when ganks occur or team fights break out.

Yoshiku

10-20-2010

The title was funny, but the meat of the post did not deliver

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

take mid
deny exp
win games

n6g2MN1ja6

10-20-2010

gp is dangerous as hell as it is plus the minion denying he does in the lane phase is pure awesomeness... that is if you know he can do that, in my opinion gp is fine where he is right now

HulkingBrute

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2w SiD View Post
His ult gives your team control of an area for 6 seconds. Stop thinking of it as a damage move and use it as a zoning tool to control a team fight on your terms.
Its not ****ing Mordor, you can stand in the **** thing and not be hit.
if ti doesnt hit you the first time, youre fine.

Vaiolet Green

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkingBrute View Post
Its not ****ing Mordor, you can stand in the **** thing and not be hit.
if ti doesnt hit you the first time, youre fine.
Which is why you use it at a time where they have to stand in it and likely be hit, or run away and give your team the advantage for the team fight

Madman Reborn

10-20-2010

I don't know, my premade usually likes it when I pick gangplank because i'm add such a reliability to the team.
You just need to built him right and play him right. His ult is amazing and in a team fights he hits almost everyone, which means added damage plus slow, giving you're team a nice advantage even if you're not there. He's parley is great to apply on spell effects like a slow from frozen mallet and does good damage througout early to mid game.
His poison is great to counter healing effects and he's scurvey allows you to soak up at least one enemy cc withouth creating problems. He might not rape face(if he's not fed) but he sure has hell aint a game loser like some people think. I run him with 60% win ratio in ranked and even better in normal games.

Cyrad

10-20-2010

I personally think Gangplank makes a good utility niche champion. Sometimes I like to get teleport and clairvoyance so i can always make sure a lane is defended. I do admit his ultimate's reliability is REALLY annoying at times. I once saw a slowed Master Yi with 50hp walk right through my ultimate and not a single cannonball hit him.

Quote:
think most of the GP players I've seen should quit thinking they're doing their team a favor by farming for 40 minutes and ulting from the other side of the map when ganks occur or team fights break out.
Rather, I think what a good GP does can only be appreciated by pre-made teammates, not randoms. Every pre-made I've ever been on GREATLY appreciated me as Gangplank, occasionally even to the point of begging me to play as him. One time, I stole the Baron Nashor when my team was losing, which gave us the victory.

Quote:
His early game is good, and his mid game is alright, but by endgame he gets outshined by SO many of the other champions it's nonsense.
What kind of build are you using? As soon as I get a BF sword and my first Phantom Dancer, I'm an unstoppable killing machine. In one game, I could take out a fed Akali that scared my allied Vladimir, an Amumu, an Anivia, and a Pantheon easily. The only one i couldn't take out was a Malzahar, but only because he was stacking armor and his silence lasts for ages.