2nd Annual Heimerdinger Deathday Memorial Thread!!!

1234511 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

This thread is dedicated to our beloved engineer, the Revered Inventor, Heimerdinger!

NOTE:This thread is not asking for buffs, info, reworks, champ comparisons, etc. This threads purpose is to pay our respects to our beloved dinger, who as we speak is making new crazy inventions in that epic laboratory in the sky. RIP, little buddy!

NEW Edit 2/23/2013: Sry I haven't been keeping up with this thread. I didn't realize people were still here. For full honesty, Riot did help out Heimer finally with a few QoL changes, one of which was the long desired AI fix. The other two made turrets placed during his ult now frozen for the remainder of the ult, and removed the channel from his ult. It said cast time in the notes, but actually it was a channel, as it was interrupt-able. Overall, this is a pretty big buff to Heimer, as he is now quite usable. I encourage all you Heimer enthusiasts to try him out, and decide for yourself whether or not he still needs help. Also, there is another thread floating around, called the Heimerdinger Resistance, and it holds links to alot of the Heimer threads. I suggest that you check it out if you still feel he needs help.

EDIT: Help me keep this on the front page! Heimer deserves to be remembered, just like any other person.
Edit: 1/25/2013 - Some kind soul revived this thread. While its in the public eye, I wanted to mention that his rework has been killed/shelved again. Quote for proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
As for "hustle and bustle" regarding Heimerdinger changes - I'll tell you that mine were pretty much killed or stalled for quite a while after that leak floated about - It pretty much stalled everything for months until S3 rolled about and by that time priorities shifted into - well.. other stuff. Reality is one of my least favorite happenstances.
Unless Xyph wants to prove me wrong, its shelved indefinitely, as there has been no word on if he will even pick it up. If he clarifies, I'll update this.
Edit 3: If you are against heimer, please leave. This is a place of mourning. How would you like it if you were attending the funeral of a loved one and Westboro Baptist church pops up to start telling everyone she/he went to hell, and deserved it?

TIMELINE:
1/16/2011 - The day Morello swung the nerf bat so hard he actually killed a champion. Not brutally injured, not maimed, but flat lined. Promises were made that day, promises to buff him, promises to give him a working turret AI. Those promises turned out to be all lies.

1/31/2011 - The release of Karma. Here as a reference, added due to being brought up later in the thread.

6/21/2011 - Date is reference, as this was the patch Evelyn was MAIMED. There were still a few players able to use her well in ranked, but she was pretty bad overall.

7/18/2012 - This date is important for several reasons, as it marks the release of the stealth rework, 1 year and almost a month after Eve was sent to the Hospital, she was released with a clean bill of health. This is also around the date that Heimerdinger fans first got wind of his rework starting to be worked on.

1/16/2013 - 2 years since Heimerdinger was clubbed like a baby seal. This patch he recieved even more ninja nerfs. Turret prioritization, and his direct counter being buffed. Not that the balance of Heimer right now should dictate the balance of Syndra, but it is a ninja nerf to him nonetheless. Absolutely 0 buffs have been thrown his way for 2 full years.

For those who didn't notice, 2 years is about a year longer than 2nd most nerfed champ in the game. I think it is time to finally mourn his passing.

Feel free to leave your condolences, and sign the guest book below. Remember, this is a thread to mourn the departed, so please leave any QQ or Eve comparisons at the door. Not a single Heimerdinger player wants to hear about how Eve got nerfed, and we already know that he has a rework on the way. Please be courteous, even if you aren't a fan of the club owner, as you wouldn't like it if this happened to your favorite champ.

Again, All are welcome to sign the guest book below, and to pass along your condolences.

RIP Heimerdinger, you taken from us before your time. May you find peace where ever you might be.

Substor

01-16-2013

Bump for poor heimy

I Am Whitebeard

01-16-2013

RIP Heimer

Uccisore

01-16-2013

Riot doesn't read Heimer threads.

It's not that they nerfed the **** out of an already sub-par champion. It's that they did it while TELLING us they buffed him, then, yeah, left him alone for 2 years.

DeusVult

01-16-2013

RIP Heimer

I never knew you till you were already gone, but I wil miss you just the same

Ekimathor

01-16-2013

Rip heimy

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Rip Heimy, I miss those times on SR we shared!

Talon Himself

01-16-2013

RIP. :'c And while I'm at it, RIP Locket. :'c

Pryotra

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordReilaath View Post
RIP. :'c And while I'm at it, RIP Locket. :'c
DX Right in the memories! Honorable mention there!

RIP Heimer, One day I might see you again. See you at the pearly gates!

2pudge1cup

01-16-2013

i never got to play when heimy was playable competitively. when i was pre-30 i was able to use him only because no one actually knew the game. shame, because he was one of the first casters i learned.

1234511 ... 25