So....why not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schlechtfish

08-15-2013

Everyone knows the feeling. You join a ranked game, everyone calls a different role and everyone gets what they wanted, everyone is happy. I'm probably repeating what others have already said, but why would it be so bad to implement a specific role matchmaking system where players are matched based on the roles they want? There are millions of players and 99.9% of games are set up like this: 1 support, 1 adc, 1 mid, 1 top, and 1 jungle. Rarely do teams break this set-up unless they're trolls or trying something cheesy.
You should be able to queue as the role you want, or "fill" if you have no preference. I'd say that 95% of team tension starts in champ select when someone doesn't get the role they prefer. Kids rarely ever say "okay that's fine" if someone who is picking before them takes the role they wanted. When an immature player is denied their preferred role, it results in them being toxic. So, why not do something to fix this problem? I'd me more than happy to wait a few extra minutes for a game if all teammates get their preferred role.

Voidgolem

08-15-2013

Support Graves all day e'rryday

ev0s

08-15-2013

The problem with that type of queue is that it directly enforces the meta as we know it, which Riot says they don't want to do.

Schlechtfish

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Momo View Post
The problem with that type of queue is that it directly enforces the meta as we know it, which Riot says they don't want to do.
Teams could also be set up with 5 "fills" that can do whatever set up they want. Problem solved.

Vieryn

08-15-2013

this has been mentioned.
i think this is the 8th or so thread i've seen with the exact same idea. Here's why it won't work:

Hour long queues for ADC
10 second queues for support and jung
queue for support, lock an ADC. too bad so sad....
so only make support champs available for them to select once they've queued up for support? Well there goes all unconventional supports...no more lux, zyra, or kassadin.
Enforces a meta which riot didn't want to do
Encourages "tunnel vision." someone who only wants to ADC will only EVER adc and therefore will not have a good concept of all team roles and how they fit within the teams structure. A good ADC knows how to support. A good support knows how to ADC. a good jungle knows at least the basics of every other lane. if you only queue for what you want you lose that.

Pick order is fine the way it is, it ensures everyone at some point will have a fair shot at where they want to be.

Schlechtfish

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vieryn View Post
this has been mentioned.
i think this is the 8th or so thread i've seen with the exact same idea. Here's why it won't work:

Hour long queues for ADC
10 second queues for support and jung
queue for support, lock an ADC. too bad so sad....
so only make support champs available for them to select once they've queued up for support? Well there goes all unconventional supports...no more lux, zyra, or kassadin.
Enforces a meta which riot didn't want to do
Encourages "tunnel vision." someone who only wants to ADC will only EVER adc and therefore will not have a good concept of all team roles and how they fit within the teams structure. A good ADC knows how to support. A good support knows how to ADC. a good jungle knows at least the basics of every other lane. if you only queue for what you want you lose that.

Pick order is fine the way it is, it ensures everyone at some point will have a fair shot at where they want to be.
Touche....

You bring up some good points. I do find pick order to be good for the most part, but with the current community being the way it is, it does ruin many games for me at least. I have no problem filling roles but many kids do. They want their role and when they don't get it they act like a child and troll.

Vieryn

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivoss View Post
Touche....

You bring up some good points. I do find pick order to be good for the most part, but with the current community being the way it is, it does ruin many games for me at least. I have no problem filling roles but many kids do. They want their role and when they don't get it they act like a child and troll.
But that's a problem with Trolls though, not necessarily champ select.

It would just create way more problems than it would solve.
If you're in champ select and two people are arguing over the same role don't take sides don't say anything except: "riot endorses pick order"

if mr. lower on the ladder still rages try to find them another position. if he still won't comply all 4 of you report him and that'll be the end of that

Schlechtfish

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vieryn View Post
But that's a problem with Trolls though, not necessarily champ select.

It would just create way more problems than it would solve.
If you're in champ select and two people are arguing over the same role don't take sides don't say anything except: "riot endorses pick order"

if mr. lower on the ladder still rages try to find them another position. if he still won't comply all 4 of you report him and that'll be the end of that

I dunno, I just get so sick of how people act in champ select. Just think there could be a better way.