Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to play Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GayLord McD

10-20-2010

Having a very hard time adjusting to Teemo.
I don't see him as a carry, for various reasons, and I hear that he's a support champ.
Question is how would I go about doing that?

Shrooms seem to be his only "safe" support and the free semi-wards are nice, but enemies won't reliably just walk into them, and past mid-game it seems they do little beside deterring solo, maybe duo, pushes.

I can't figure out how to lane/mid either.
I've tried starting with Doran's shield + Toxic Shot, I've tried Boots + Move Quick, but nothing seems very reliable. I harass well early but any counter-harassment seems to hit very hard in comparison. How would I harass in lane/mid against anyone but melee-range champs? If they any sort of range it's going to hurt a lot.

I'm also confused as to my role after laning. I know to plant shrooms at Dragon, Baron, mid bushes ect, but I haven't had much success using them as a sort of CC outside of escaping. I figure he can't really carry, as short range, no escape, no steroids and extreme squishability means I never want to be in view of anyone ever.
Do I try to counter push, since I can travel extremely quickly between lanes, and show up late to fights to mop up?

I don't see AD being viable with his drawbacks, but he doesn't have reliable AP damage outside of Blinding Dart, and limited TS ratios.
Runes, Masteries, build advice would be nice too.

The Introvert

10-20-2010

Well I play him as an Anti-AD Carry Support. I focus on squishy's in team fights and using my blinding dart on AD-carrys like Ashe, MF, Tristana etc when they start attacking my teams carrys. His blinding dart shuts down AD champs long enough to turn the battle.....sometimes. I mean theres not a lot Teemo does well, but he is more of an OFF-carry. if that makes sense.

SoSa ThE SpY

10-20-2010

give it up they made teemo unplayable so we buy other champs
teemos most important item the old malady : changed - check
blind time : reduced - check
weaker in health : not stated in the update but there - check
attack damage : decreased - check

VanishingAct

10-20-2010

He's not really much good except for spamming shrooms across the map.

Sure he has a 2.5 sec blind but in teamfights you're never going to land that on a ranged carry unless they are in a horrible position in front of the tanks and melee dps

You're better off building him as a AP/AS hybrid

SoSa ThE SpY

10-20-2010

how would he even level up to reach mushrooms now he is so weak in health and attack damage to level at all and even his range is not as good as ashe or MF he is busted for good they should start selling him for free in the shop he is useless

Kurotsuki

Recruiter

10-20-2010

Early game I can usually get a kill or 2 if my laning partner isn't bad, it's just takes knowledge on when to advance and when not to.

Mid to late game I usually just secure the lane we're pushing. Ward / shroom the forest and hope our pushers are good enough. Works pretty well when we're grouping mid and one of us pushes another lane. IMO the important part is to realize that shrooms don't replace wards.

Pieson

10-20-2010

tip: don't

Yet if you're still focused on playing him, go AP for @#$%# shrooms.

Klazzix

10-20-2010

D.Shield, Vamp Scepter.
Mercs.
Bloodrazors.
Mallet.
Atmas.
Elixirs.

Hozartis

10-20-2010

Guerrilla Warfare: you are squishy and your range is short. You need to have a strong sense of when you should back and when you should shoot.

High map awareness and excellent prediction skills: with the new Teemo, you are usually able to place 3 shrooms before a battle. Where you place them is critical.

Note: you must have 40% cooldown reduction. The shrooms are everything.

AreYouReady2Die

10-20-2010

The new teemo with the patch is amazing, max out his attack speed with ap and some damage items, your still not a carry, but can be an assassin.

My.new build is rush maalady, boots 1, vampiric scepter, Stinger first then Nashor's tooth after Ryjial's, then hextech gunblady, boots socerer tread/mercury/AS boots are good.
A RoA is viable if there's heavy hitters involved or aot of tanks.
Max out your Poison DoT E skill, it was changed that it hits them everytime you hit them AND does poison damage instead of just being a per second dot. Setup killzones with mushrooms, and stealth and have your team lead them in for the AS boost. I'm going to try Maalady Nashor, Ninja Tabi, Zeal to trinity force and Hextech, Infinity edge eventually, with hp runes.

He is way better now, not amazing but useful atleast I got his mushrooms cooldown low as heck and covered the map in shrooms easily.

Main thing you DO NOT want them to know your there until your slapping their face hiding behind turrent and visable trying to protect it is suicide, you want to live in the jungle your a scout and happy hidden in the woods with all paths covered in shrooms spaced out for the 4 second shroom dot to bfully hit b4 they stumble into the next one.
"Never underestimate the power of the scouts code"