Any tips on annie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

davyo11

01-15-2013

She is one of my favorite champions by far because she's so adorable but sometimes I feel that she's an under powered brand with a stun instead of a mini ignite. Any suggestions on what items to get or how to play her correctly. For example I need to know if she's better top or bot. I feel that she can contribute well in both but I'm really not sure. Thank you.

HaIfhearted

01-16-2013

Shes pretty decent up top.

Start boots/ring, then go guise > sorcs > BFT > rylais > void/wooglets.
Then either tank up or get some more damage, depending on the situation.

She might be a slightly less-damaging Brand, but shes a bit tankier than he is, so she can soak up a couple hits lategame, and still does respectable damage.

MajorUrsa

01-16-2013

And she just picked up some nice little buffs

SlasherBag

01-16-2013

Captnbuwberry also plays a bit of Annie in tournaments/Sundays on the DD stream and seems to do well with her, if you want a live resource to learn from.

Ikruti

01-16-2013

I find her best as tanky mpen. You'd be surprised at just how much tankyness her E gives.

davyo11

01-16-2013

thank you all and she's getting a visual update to make her look even more adorable!

HaIfhearted

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFerric View Post
Captnbuwberry also plays a bit of Annie in tournaments/Sundays on the DD stream and seems to do well with her, if you want a live resource to learn from.
Actually, the build I listed was what Buwbery told me to do when I asked him how to play Annie. ^_^

IDontWasteFood

01-16-2013

I like Annie a lot but I find even after a full ult-stun-combo, she can get bursted down by a tanky derp easily. I'm thinking it just takes practice knowing when to commit and how to kite properly.

Ikruti

01-16-2013

That in itself is the key, don't play her thinking you'll do the SR role of wombo combo someone from 100 - 0. Unless they're a super squishy with no defense, you'll find that really doesn't happen. So build and play like you expect to get them somewhat low but then have to tank until your CDs come back.

I'm more likely to go with BFT, Sorc, Void Staff and then three tanky items, like ROA, Frozen Heart, Abyssal, etc. Though not necessarily all in that order but the idea is that you expect someone to be in your face and that let's you do it. Again, look at rank 5 E, that's 60 MR and 60 AR. With a FH alone, you'll push 200+ armor. This is also why I feel a ROA works well with her, it gives her a ton of HP which works really well with her E.

P.S. Mind I'm just saying that does well with HP because of her bonus resistances, however I've yet to figure out how to work in an ROA ever since the BFT came out. My typical game is Sorc, BFT, Void, one of abyssal or frozen based on enemies. And usually I'd do glacial -> void -> fh, or glacial -> negatron -> void -> abyssal. Something along that lines.

P.P.S. Also, if you can keep track of it, try to wait until after your stun wears off to use Molten Shield. With max CDR you can make sure to always have it up when they're attacking you and down when they're stunned (1v1 scenario of course).

Also, to not give away you got a stun ready, go in to an engagement with 3 stacks, not 4. You have to be a little bit quicker to do Q -> R -> W -> Q but they won't know it's a stun combo. The reason for this is once you hit 6, most people will assume if you have a stun ready and are engaging that you're going to tibber bomb them. If you engage without your stun, a lot of people assume you don't have your full on combo ready. Doesn't fool everybody but can definitely trick some people in to engaging when they shouldn't.

hinderlopen

01-16-2013

As a decidedly toplane annie player I go for bft + cd boots -> rylais -> negatron cloak -> void staff -> wooglets/wota/other ap items. I finish abyssal at some point after getting the negatron cloak, but if the enemy is all ad I never get the negatron anyway, so no abyssal.

I love maxing cdr asap because it means more stuns, more bears, and more uptime on the molten shield. It also gives her a good amount of dps in extended fights, which will be pretty common since you can't fully burst down the majority of bruisers/tanks.

For summoners, flash is almost necessary because of how position reliant she is and either ghost or revive are good as seconds. Ghost can be better in some games where chasing just a little faster can get you an easy kill or being just a little faster can get you to safety. Sometimes it's just good to have so you can continuously use your skills on the right targets in fights.

To stay alive just come into a fight with 2-3 stacks on your passive, so you can poke without stunning but still have a stun ready if you happen to need it. Positioning and kiting (yay rylais) are really important for annie so dont just charge headfirst into fights.

PLEASE control your bear, he likes to give hugs, bft+rylais empowered hugs. His position is equally important to your own, so take the time to give him some commands. You can follow people into bushes with him or zone them from neutral points, he really does a lot of damage. You can EVEN block tons of skillshots with him if you're aggressive enough in your controls.

As for deciding top vs bot lane, I like her better in top because your teammates can make up for her weaknesses (lack of tankiness early, getting kited by annoying people like lux/kass), while in bot lane she can do alright against pushers and most bruisers, but will get poked too hard by some aps/ads and just killed by assassins. So she's a good pick for both roles, but can be more influential in toplane (really good initiates + pretty good ganks)

I hope you're as excited as I am about the visual upgrade, she doesn't really need it, but it's going to be really cool