Preseason Balance Update 2 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HAWAiW1N

01-23-2013

Talon extremist, here. If this is the case, and all instances of Cutthroat were always failing, then the new changes are as follows...

Level 3 & Level 4 Talon combos are experiencing about -24 damage on average

Level 6 Talon combos are experiencing about -41 damage on average with a small decrease in bonus push/farm ability; dealing about -18 damage on average to all proximate minions within ult range. (This can be up to a maximum of about -270 total damage done to a wave of 10 minions)

Level 11 Talon combos are experiencing about -81 damage on average with a noteable decrease in bonus push/farm ability; dealing about -32 damage on average to all proximate minions within ult range. (This can be up to a maximum of about -480 total damage done to a wave of 10 minions)

Not until around level 15 will Talon be able to deal about the same amount of average damage to a single target as he used to. (Also, keep in mind he actually takes a small step backwards from this relative damage by maxing his ult at level 16.)

(These averages take into consideration the various runes/masteries/items/skill-points a typical Talon might have, and this also considers the the fact that Shadow Assault may only pass through some minions once due to multiple reasons. All of these calculations are SINGLE-TARGET damage so if you include ganks from jungler/other laners, and other multi-target scenarios such as teamfights and late game grouping, these damage differences continue to exponentially grow further away from each other, not only because of AOE from Shadow Assault, but because a majority of your single-target Noxian Diplomacys will be hitting without cutthroat applied. (Cutthroat is over double the cooldown of Noxian diplomacy at each progressive rank and is also usually maxed last. This means that most Talons at level 14 are able to cast Noxian Diplomacy 4 times while only getting to use Cutthroat (at only 6% amplification) once in that same time frame.))

Altogether, Talon's total damage overall has still been greatly lessened. His single-target damage has been increased during the duration of cutthroat by a decent amount, but at the expense of an immense drop in damage dealt over all to any enemy champions who don't have Cutthroat applied, minions/monsters caught in ults, and even single target champtions early to mid-game. If you decided to aggress other champs after your Cuttroat target has been taken down, you now have a greater disadvantage than you used to and if for some reason you weren't actually able to take down your initial target in your 3 seconds of glory, you're now chasing with over 500 less damage at your disposal. Overall, Talon is still viable, but now he NEEDS his cutthroat available and ranked at higher levels to deal nearly the same amount of damage as he used to. Because of this, you could rank Cutthroat earlier to deal similar ratio damage, but now you've denied yourself ranking your other abilities first, which are much more rewarding...

FINAL CONCLUSION...

With this "Bug fix", even Talon's single-target gameplay is repeatedly nerfed for ~12 seconds(average) while Cutthroat is out of battle and on cooldown, and his overall late-game mass damage has been decreased by upper triple-digits worth per 10 seconds. His biggest weakness has always been his early game and his early game just became far more difficult. Again, the problem with Talon is that Riot balanced his SINGLE-target damage to be the same as it was only around level 15 and only for 3 seconds, but even at level 18, all the time he spends without Cutthroat at his disposal is a fraction of his normal damage. The only single benefit will be the additional damage done in 3 seconds to a single squishy champion after Talon reaches level 15. All multi-target damage and absolutely all damage before level 15 in general have been reduced.

Note: Talon's Win Rate is dropping, and FAST!
He's dropped 8 ranks in less than 48 hours. AND the falling off begins...

3 Seconds of Talon as we know him/10 seconds of somebody that I used to know...

- Talon Extremist, HAWAiW1N ~

Keostyriaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I thought it was weird that I couldn't move the cone around on mordekaiser, I was having such a difficult time playing him. Hopefully it get's reversed otherwise he's unplayable to me

S1nn3D

01-25-2013

i've been playing Vi a whole ton and have noticed that the Vi vault breaker bugs are still in place. Whenever vault breaker is interrupted, say through a root, vault breaker keeps charging even after the root and would then time out and go on cd.

HentaiPremiumHD

01-26-2013

Kha'Zix nerf went too fare ....his Q should be at least 2.2 and not 2.0......u cant do the thing u use to with him now after that nerf, and the slow can riot make it 30% pls?

Banker

01-27-2013

Dominion Ranked???

IchibanNoodle

01-27-2013

Sometimes the way Riot nerfs and buffs champions makes me just wanna... Jackie Chan Meme

inFxYouJelly

01-28-2013

Buff volibear

Tastyxproof

01-28-2013

I knew Kha'Zix was gonna get a nerf sooner or later :P

Gr7mm Bobb

01-29-2013

I really think that this may not have been as much of a bug as much as a great opportunity for player options in play-style.

It would be great if there was an option that allowed players to designate whether they wanted they champions cone aoe abilities to be detached or not. Champions such as mordekaiser, cho'gath, pantheon, etc. this would be a great tool for those that enjoy the ability to plan their skills around there pathing or have it as a fixed point on the character, or "attached" as it was put.

I may have been only one of a handful of players who enjoyed mord's siphon being detached, but i would really like for there to be the ability to detach such skills.

RogueWill

01-31-2013

First of all thanks for fixing the bugs. The flows feel better now.
Secondly I have a request for the third season, recently the items where modified and most of the changes are acceptable. However, you remove most of the items that builds on magic resist that aren't designed for mages. While mages have items that build armor and AP. Physical damage have no such items and the ones that are purely magic resist is really low defence. As it is right now, is really hard to defend against mages unless you build runes full of magic resist